Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Field of flowers


What?

I know, you're wondering what in the world is this?

It's a field full of flowers.

Come.  Come with me.


Oh, well, the flowers are kind of small.  You have make sure you're paying attention.


There were even a few cactus hanging out in the field. 


I've seen all of these little weed flowers before, but in my trek through the field, I was astonished how many different varieties of flowers there were. 


I think I actually planted something like this when I had a house and a yard.  They are really pretty.  Wish I had a macro lens. I could have gotten much closer to all of these flowers.


The whole reason for treking through the field was to get a photo of this Chrysler sign.  It used to be out behind a Chrysler Jeep dealer, but that business closed a few years back.  Now the building has new inhabitants and I started to wonder if maybe this sign was going to be taken down.  I'd hate to miss an opportunity to take a picture of it, just because I kept thinking it would always be there. 

The flowers in the field was the unexpected surprise in what I thought was going to be a two shot adventure.

Hope you have a great day!
Kristin

4 comments:

Cyndy Bush said...

I just love Florida's wildflowers!

Ann in the UP said...

That's what I love about the woods floor in the spring, before the trees leaf out, and all those little things are taking their turn to be beautiful. You have to have a good eye, though.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Well those were a pleasant surprise as you walked through the field. They are so sweet.

Deborah said...

How true to life: sometimes we have to look closely to see the beauty!
Thanks for showing us the flowers.