Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Music and Food


On Saturday night my husband took me out on the town.  He got us tickets to see Kris Kristofferson and John Prine.  Both of these men are noted American country/folk singer-songwriters.  The headliner of the show was John Prine and I felt bad because I had never heard of him before.  The guitar strumming, storytelling type of singing isn't my very favorite, but my husband loves it.  He was in absolute heaven being there live and in person.  Kris Kristofferson sings the same type of music, in his own style of course and it was really cool to be there watching and listening. 

However, before all of this strumming and storytelling it was Prom night in the city.  We saw more floor length, shiny, bedazzled gowns on gorgeous girls with skinny suit wearing boys trailing behind than I've seen in a very long time.  It was a lot of fun to see all of the kids trying to be elegant.  They did a great job.


While watching the prom kids walk by us, Tom and I ate a fantastic dinner.  We'd never been to the Bistro Aix (sounds like ax) before but we won't be strangers any more.  Tom ordered the Housemade Spicy Sausage with caramelized onions, tomatoes and spicy harissa.  He ate every single bite.


I ordered the Green Salad with dried tomatoes and shaved cheese, tossed in a walnut vinaigrette with roasted chicken...


...and the Mac-n-Cheeses appetizer with four creamy cheeses topped with sharp cheddar. 

Two slices of wonderfully warm bread was served before the meal arrived and our water was served tableside in the nifty bottle that was the photo of the day yesterday.

At the very end we were presented with our bill -


I love a restaurant with a sense of humor.

Food - Excellent.  Atmosphere - Lovely  We sat outside and it was a gorgeous evening and not even a little bit humid. The waiter was attentive but not intrusive.  A real bonus in my book. 
Even with a packed restaurant due to prom night, we never felt rushed nor neglected.
A great night was had by all! 

If you plan on visiting Jacksonville, I would highly recommend Bistro Aix.

I would also highly recommend going to see John Prine or Kris Kristofferson if they are coming to a place near you.

Bistro Aix
904-398-1949
1440 San Marco Blvd.
Jacksonville, FL 32207



*I was not asked nor paid to write this review.  I wrote it because I enjoy blogging about the things that I do, see, eat, hear about and enjoy.

Have a great day!!
Kristin

6 comments:

Caution/Lisa said...

I've never heard of John Prine. YouTube, here I come!

Bettyann said...

The food sure looks yummy, we will have to try it

mub said...

Hah that bill is hilarious! That food looks amazing and it's making me SO HUNGRY.

Bill Lisleman said...

It is great when any company shows a sense of humor. Ok maybe a funeral home might have a tough time put humor into their business. But restaurants, most any store, airlines - lighten up.
thanks for sharing

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh my goodness!!

I

Want

To

Eat

THERE!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I wouldn't be crazy about the concert either but nice that you supported your husband. That meal looks wonderful and I would love to have the opportunity to eat there! Glad you had a nice evening.