Thursday, May 19, 2011

Friday Fragments


It's Friday Fragments Day!  
It's Friday Fragments Day!

Welcome to Friday Fragments!  This is the place where we're able to put little snippets of fun or interesting things together without having to stretch that idea into an entire blog post.

Mrs. 4444 is our lovely host and I am so grateful for her continued hosting of this fun carnival.  For more Friday Fragment finds, please head on over to Half-Past Kissin' Time.  Thanks!


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•

I found a piece of paper that I cut out in 2008 about Benny's Sandwich Shop and Gifts in downtown Jacksonville.  The one paragraph mentions that it's been open for over 20 years without a street level sign.  You see this restaurant is in an underground tunnel.  I thought it was cool enough 3 years ago, but my memory is short and my organizational skills are so lacking that I have never gone.  Now I have the cutout on my fridge.  Let's hope I get there soon!


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•

In Feb the Car Show came to town and I fell head over heels for Jeep Patriot.  I had a Jeep Cherokee that I loved dearly and I ran that poor vehicle into the scrapyard.  I have a Hyundai Santa Fe right now and I love it, too, but it's got 94K miles on it and if it goes over the magic 100K number the resale falls off dramatically.  I mentioned to my husband tonight at dinner that I was thinking about renting a car for my upcoming road trip in July and he immediately said, "Maybe it's time to go buy a car.  Do you want to run over to the Jeep dealer while we are out and about?"

So we spent several hours at the Jeep dealer.  They have a real hard time letting people go when they know that a sale is going to go do a local dealer - and they of course want me to buy from them!

Funny thing.  If they had had a Patriot in a fun color I would have shaken their hands and signed on the dotted line.  The only colors they had available were black, red, white, gray and silver.

I just may buy another car from another manufacturer because of the color of the car.

I do know that I could just get the car painted, but it's just not the same.


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•


How long should I cook this?
15 min
Did they tell you at the restaurant how long to cook it?
No
Then how did you know?
It just looks like it would take 15 minutes.
Well, I'm cooking it for 12.
*12 minutes goes by*
It's still not hot, I'll cook it for 3 more minutes.
*I smiled*
*a few minuts goes by and he's had a bite or two*
Is  it hot?
Of course it is, I baked it for 15 minutes.


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•


The photos are the various stages of the Agapanthus flower, aka Lily of the Nile.  The Photo of the Day (POTD) yesterday was this flower in bloom.


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•

As seen on Facebook...
After visiting several antique stores and flea markets today, I think I came to a realization. Seeing as how all the pieces I really liked weren't for sale since they were for displaying stuff on, my personal style must be "flea market booth space".


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•


Thanks so much for joining me!  It's been a joy having you.
Kristin

16 comments:

Bill Lisleman said...

wow you beat me for being first on the FF list. You seriously would switch to a different make of car because of color? Couldn't you just have them search other dealers for you and make a swap.

Mrs4444 said...

I really loved these flower photos; they fed my camera-less self. I also totally get the car buying issue--Color is very important! Good luck!

Rebecca said...

So when you go to the place to eat, I want to hear all about it.

CM said...

So what color are you looking for? Red sounds fun to me! :-)

Lovely shots!

It Feels Like Chaos said...

Love the 15 minute cooking time story! There are a few males in my life that I've had similar exchanges with!

Karen and Gerard said...

What's wrong with those car colors? I like black, white, red and silver. What color did you want? yellow? teal? peach? magenta?

Ann in the UP said...

I'm Pretty Sure that KDB will vote for red. I'm with Karen and Gerard and the color wouldn't matter at all to me. The cup holders matter though!
In fact, I've had spouses who went and bought cars without any consultation about the color.

Caution/Lisa said...

Would an employee discount help you buy that Chrysler product? Let me know.

Mel Fraase said...

I love the photos!!
Our van slid right past the "magic" number, so I guess our option now it drive it into the ground!!
Happy sandwich eating!

Kara @ His, Hers and Ours said...

I'm loving the flower shots! Gorgeous!


I loved the Patriot when it came out too! Did you ask the dealership if they could order a different color in for you? Good luck with it!

mommytoalot said...

Great pics of flowers..
..
seriously...i would never mind the colour of the car I need to drive..except white..no white for me.
cheers
lisa

Kay said...

what a totally fun FF!!! i love the flower stages, so awesome!!

i also like your FB post, very cute!! i love antiqueing!

i am totally with you on vehicle color! painting is not the same, color is so much for me!

Beth Zimmerman said...

When we bought our current vehicle it was totally a price driven purchase but the color (white) almost put me off!

qandlequeen said...

Everytime I test drive a car I check important things like the radio, knob sizes, all of the groovy little compartments. One car I even insisted sitting in the backseat to see how the knee-space was - that raised eyebrows from the salesman, but I don't regret it one bit. My passengers always commented on the comfort of riding in my car

Cyndy Bush said...

Good luck with the car shopping! I love the flower pictures.

doreen said...

I am laughing so hard because my husband sold cars for many years and he could never 'get' the whole color thing we woman have. I love ALL the new Ford's and the yummy colors they come in. I am really missing my Mustang since it got crunched.
I love the pictures; we are just starting our garden here.
Jacksonville is on my book tour...hope your not on your road trip when I come to visit my birthplace.
Have a great weekend:)