Saturday, May 28, 2011

POTD - Crape Myrtle


POTD - Crape Myrtle
©2011 Kristin Corlett

The gorgeous blooms of the crape myrtle are out in abundance these days.  I noticed that last year about this time my photo of the day was also this deep pink colored bloom.  I really like that in this cluster of flowers the green orbs of new flowers are seen as well as the stamens from the flowers that have lost their petals.   I was hoping to get more photos of this tree but it really started raining on me.  I didn't want to wish the rain away because we haven't had any in quite awhile, but I was kind of bummed.  I could have spent another 30 minutes with this tree.

Have a great day!
Kristin

6 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What a beautiful color. I heard it's been really hot, especially in Palm Harbor by my dad and I am sure the rain is needed.

Rebecca said...

The best part about spring. The beautiful flowers.

Ann in the UP said...

Very showy indeed. I love pink!

Bill Lisleman said...

If I keep coming here I might even learn a few new flower names. Is this the bushy flower that is very common in the south?
nice pic

Amy said...

Very pretty. I don't consider myself a girly-girl, but I do love that shade of pink.

Claudya Martinez said...

They are such a lovely color.