Tuesday, May 10, 2011

POTD - Animal Crackers


POTD - Animal Crackers
©2011 Kristin Corlett

I remember as a child, going through the grocery store, in this case Meijer Thrifty Acres in Lansing Mi, sitting in the cart and asking for a box of animal crackers.  Usually they were in a large round wire bin at the end of an isle.  I didn't get the crackers very often because my Mom didn't buy snacks as a rule, but I did get them sometimes.  I can still recall holding the box, playing with the string, which I almost always tore off of one side, and showing my Mom each animal.  Meijer Thrifty Acres is now just called Meijer but the animal crackers box looks and feels a lot like my childhood memories.  The box even still has the string. 

Enjoy!
Kristin

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

And the sound....I love the sound the animal crackers make inside the box and what it sounds like as you pull one out.

42N said...

Great crackers! Always a hit with young and old.

Beth Zimmerman said...

One of the few things in this world that has remained the same!

Bill Lisleman said...

I remember those and trying to get all the different types before a brother or sister did.
In today's crazy world it would not surprise me if PETA protested that product. I heard PETA wants to change the term "pet owner" to
"pet guardian" - like that's going to make my dog sit up and speak.

Claudya Martinez said...

It's one of those things you hope never changes because you just can't improve on the original.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Fun picture! I haven't bought any in a long time but I love animal crackers.

Terri said...

my husband loves these and I find them in my grocery basket a lot.