Thursday, March 19, 2009

Egg Deco

Have you ever seen this? It is (or was) THE BEST egg coloring stuff ever made.

My sister bought me a few boxes about 5 years ago - possibly longer ago than that. I used one of the boxes and misplaced these two boxes. I knew I had them, so I went on a search the other day and found them. Dried up. Totally dried up.

I googled them today, to see if it was still being produced somewhere. Nope. Couldn't find a thing. In 2007 someone asked in a forum if it was still around and someone replied that the company went out of business and that no one had picked up the product line.

I'm so bummed.
This was seriously the best color kit. The eggs came out with this weird marbled look that was kind of sticky for a few days, but then turned into a soft glaze on the egg shell. I remember keeping the marbled shells in a box.

One year I even made some small jewelry boxes prettier by gluing some of those fabulous shell pieces all over them like mosaic tiles. I sold a them in an East Lansing Art Gallery.

If you happen to see these in a grocery store near you, let me know. I may just need you to buy out the store or possibly just a package or two. It's already been proved that I didn't use the two extra that I already had before they went bad.

I really like to color eggs. No matter what, I'll have some fun coloring eggs this year, I can guarantee that. It is one of my very favorite things to do each year.

Have a fabulous weekend!
Kristin

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It might be part of this kit sold on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Assorted-Easter,egg-holders,color-kit-and-MORE!-,New_W0QQitemZ350178991834QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090317?IMSfp=TL090317208008r7884

Anonymous said...

That link might not work.

Search for ebay auction number 350178991834

Anonymous said...

And in another ebay kit maybe

350178994144

Keetha Broyles said...

I don't ever remember seeing those before - - - but the eggs sure do look cool!!

Kristin - The Goat said...

NTFAB -- I googled the name earlier today - and look, you find two sets within a few minutes!

I even checked ebay.

The link worked when it was sent to my email - Thanks!!

Keetha - they are spectacular! I love the designs it makes.