Sunday, March 08, 2009

Good to the last drop

Last weekend we were at the Jacksonville Home Show because my husband had a booth for his garage system (Monkey Bars.) The first night that I drove down to help set up, I got to this one section of road right next to the river when all of a sudden my entire car smelled like coffee!

I am not familiar with downtown Jacksonville. In fact, I'm really not very familiar with most of Jacksonville - I know a few neighborhoods and a few roads. I had never been this route before, it was dark out and it never occurred to me that Jacksonville, FL had a Maxwell House factory.

The next day I saw the sign and was so excited! You could see it miles away because it was at the very end of a very long street. When I got close, I grabbed my camera and tried to hold it steady and shoot. I only got one shot because I realized that my lane was ending and I had to merge.

The next night, when I was going home I saw the red neon from the Maxwell House sign. Once again, I grabbed the camera and really hoped that I could get a shot. That darned merge lane just isn't very long so I had to be quick. It wasn't until I got back and uploaded my photo that I noticed the neon "drip" at the bottom of the picture! I didn't get the whole thing in the picture, but it's pretty close.

Some day I'll have to go downtown, park the car and walk around and take pictures - it will be much easier than driving, holding out my arm, hoping to get a shot!

I think it is so fun to discover things in my town that I never knew existed.

I hope you have had a wonderful weekend.
Kristin

3 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

And oh that smell is sooooooo good.

Sharinskishe said...

You took great photos for being in the car. I believe we saw that building when we were in Jacksonville last fall. We saw a Good To The Last Drop building somewhere on our cross country trip last September.

I am not a coffee drinker, but I think their building is cool.

Sharinskishe

"J" said...

I'm with you.....
I think it's FUN finding new things around town too!!!

You never know...they might just do tours?!?!?