Tuesday, March 10, 2009

WFMW - Cool Drinks

It's another Works For Me Wednesday. This is a blog carnival where hundreds of folks gather to share their tips for better living. It can be tips about kids, meals, laundry, or the best place to stay when you go to Memphis. You just never know what fantastic tips you will find. So when you finish reading my fabulous tip, please go visit all the other folks at the new host for WFMW -
We Are THAT Family.

A friend of mine gave me a hint for this weeks WFMW here at The Goat. She said that she always likes to have glasses in her fridge all ready for a cold drink without having to use any ice cubes to water it down. She loves any type of Coke product in her frosty glass. I'm a caffeine-free gal and I have to agree, a caffeine-free diet coke is real good icy cold.

If you like a frosty beverage, tuck a few glasses into your freezer and they will be ready for your next drink.
When I was working on my house flips, I would use this type of freezer bottle - it has a removable core that you freeze then screw it into the lid, fill up the bottle with your beverage and off you go! The core can stay cold for a very long time.

This is another very cool product for keeping lots of drinks cold. It is a mini cooler with freezable blue ice in it. You stick the entire thing in the freezer and it is ready to go on a moments notice. The blue ice stays cold for hours and keeps your drinks cold for many many hours as well. I love these. I used to stick hot soda cans into these coolers and they'd be cold in an hour.

So my WFMW tip for you is to look for ways to keep your beverages cold, because pretty soon it's going to get warm again - the summer items are going to start arriving in the stores so keep an eye out for those drink coolers. However -- if you use your own glasses, you've got zero dollars going out and a cold beverage for your trouble! Sounds like a great deal.

Have a fabulous week!
Kristin

4 comments:

"J" said...

I love the freezer bottle....I've never seen one like that!!!! Tooooooooooooooo cool!!!!

I've seen the table kegs the sports bars serve you when you order a small table keg of beer!!!! =)

Where do you find the freezer bottles????

"J" said...

I also like my drinks to be very cold!!!

When I cook breakfast on the weekends I pour my OJ in a glass and stick it in the freezer so it's ready for me to drink when breakfast is ready!!!! =) YUMMY!!!!!

Jean Stockdale said...

Thanks for stopping by my site and leaving a comment. I love the WFMW carnival. It is great to read all the tips shared. I love the freezer bottle you showed. I have never seen anything like that and I hate ice to melt and dilute my diet coke! Great tip. Stop by again sometime.Blessings.

Tiffany said...

Great tips! Having a full freezer saves money on cooling costs, too!

Thanks for coming by!