Saturday, June 12, 2010

Caught in the act

This evening our friend, Maggie, was playing with a band at a restaurant in St. Augustine, FL. It's about a 40 minute drive from our house, but we've been wanting to see Maggie perform, so we made sure to attend. Maggie was celebrating her 8th month post transplant today, so it was doubley exciting!



There were 14 of us at one table, all from the transplant support group.   Maggie's parents were there with 4 of their friends at another table.   Then later we spotted another support group friend and transplant recipient with a group of his friends. I think we tipped the scale at almost 25 people attending the event.


I took candid photos of everyone who attended.


...but the only photos I felt happy with were the photos I snapped of the kitty drinking from the wobbly and not terribly clean, birdbath out in front of the restaurant.


Seriously, most of the photos were not printable :)  You'll thank me!


This kitty though was a hoot!  He's very used to having to share his space with the masses.


When he was finished he took off to the side of the building.  I found two of his friends a little later.  They were eating from big cat food dishes and the water looked much cleaner.

Why do cats always drink the most vile looking water when there is a big bowl of crystal clear water nearby.


Ahh well, that wouldn't have made a great photo series, now would it?

Have a great day!
Kristin



3 comments:

Ruth Ann said...

Such great photos! I love the second one best! I'm not sure about cats, but dogs also like to drink from the most disgusting water! My dog will have fresh water in the house, but will prefer to go outside and drink from water that has collected and is nasty with leaves and bugs in it! Gross! Glad you had a great evening with friends!

Anonymous said...

I love the kitty photos .. I loved having a cat but it wasn't working out with the bird so my kiki had to go back with the X.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Those are very cute. So how was Maggie? Sounds like it was a great evening of friends to visit with.