Tuesday, June 01, 2010

I didn't need to know that

It's been such a full day!

I spent half the day running around town trying to find photo mailers.  I didn't realize they would be so hard to find.  I used to see them all the time in OfficeMax or Staples, but not today.  Both stores were out of the correct sizes.  I went to my local photography place, too, and they didn't sell any.  I guess I'll need to order those online, too.  I did manage to find an 11x14 package, which was too large, but it was going to have to work.  (and it did, just fine)

I'm usually pretty excited about the way I package things up to give away, but these were not up to par for me.  I'm going to just have to get over it!  I can't get them back now.  I'm just really excited that I got them out on the day promised!


While I was standing in line at the Post Office the man in front of me wanted to chat.  I was trying not to engage him because he just struck me as an odd duck.  He said something about the line at the Post Office was a lot like Walmart...lots of people and only one window open.  I chuckled.  Then somehow he mentioned that he had a son graduating from high school this weekend.  That so far none of his children have been to jail or had a DUI but that his daughter did get pregnant at 16.   It was at this point that I suggested that maybe he didn't need to be telling me all of this. 

Why do I get these people?



I heard Stairway to Heaven TWICE today on the radio.  Seriously, twice.  That's at least 14 minutes of the same song.   Stairway to Heaven was always the last song of the dance in middle school and high school.  I don't know what the last song would be now days, but the late 70's and early 80's it was Stairway.  I think I can name all the people that were my dance partner during that song.  I think a few dances I didn't pair up with anyone, so that narrows it down quite a bit.

 

My husband said something yesterday that reminded me of the movie Shirley Valentine and today on one of our movie channels was Shirley Valentine.  I had told him yesterday that it had been years and years since I'd seen the movie.  I love how the universe gives me what I want even when I don't even know that I'm asking :)



Our internet service has been sloooooowwww as molasses from about 4pm until midnight the past week or two.  I was trying to upload some photos to my local photo place tonight and it was taking 10 minutes per photo.  If I did more than one at a time it would seize up and stop loading.  Then all of a sudden it was just seconds from when I pushed the button and when it asked if I wanted to load anything more.  I looked at the clock and it was just a few minutes after 12.  Sheesh.  I don't get it.  i didn't want to wait until the middle of night to do it because I just knew I'd forget, so I just kept at it.  Well, I think I got everything loaded and ordered.  I will now have more cards to sell in my Etsy shop as of the end of the week - so that's great.

Thanks so much for all of the prayers.  I thought Tom's lab work was on Wednesday, but I had the dates wrong.  It's Thursday.  So I'll know more on Friday.  Thanks again.  You all are so awesome :)

Have a great day!
Kristin

3 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sorry you couldn't find you shipping items. I hear you on the man, I get that allot too! How awesome that the movie was on.
I do not like when my network is running slow. It seems to take twice as long to read & blog !!

Lisa Nelsen-Woods said...

Shirley Valentine is such a great movie! I wonder if it will show up on my cable now that I've read about it hear?

denise said...

i think you "get these people" because people intuit you are a great listener...sometimes more so than you want to be i suppose :)

will continue to keep you in my prayers...