Sunday, June 27, 2010

San Marco

Unknown Mami


I drove out to a little area of Jacksonville, FL today to photograph the downtown area of San Marco.  I had gone to this area only once and it was for the art fair, so I have been wanting to go back when it was "regular."  I need to now go back when it's not a Sunday and all of the shops are open, but that's OK, I wanted exterior shots anyway :)

Here is San Marco!





Love the Art Deco Theater.


This store was called Olive.  I would have never guessed!




This pipe reminded me immediately of the Rene Magritte painting "This is not a pipe" (below)



Not all pipes make me think of this painting, but this store front really did!


The bright sunshiney flags seen throughout the area.


Great doorway decoration!






What a great sculpture!  I'm not a big fan of kite flying (it involves more running than I tend to want to do!) but I do like the action that this sculpture shows.

I joined up with Unknown Mami and Sundays in My City.  There are a lot of very interesting places in this big ol' world and over at Mami's place you can take a quick tour.  Go on over and take a peek :)

Thanks! and have a great day!
Kristin

9 comments:

Mrs4444 said...

Looks like a place with a lot of character. I really like the kite statues, too! Funny--I wonder what design would be chosen to represent me in statue...

Keetha Broyles said...

Why do I feel that I've seen pictures of that kite boy before?

Joanna Jenkins said...

San Marco is a beautiful city and you have a great eye! Thanks for the tour.
jj

Ann in the UP said...

That was a delightful tour of eye-catching stuff! I love the kite-flyers too. It amazes me when someone can make inanimate objects look so energetic.

You should get some PR pay from San Marco, honey!

Sonya said...

Fantastic tour and photos!

Unknown said...

It's quite wonderful to see the world through your eyes. You are so good at finding beauty in the smallest details of life--a great gift. Thank you for this post and for the nice comment you left on my blog.

Claudya Martinez said...

I feel like I've seen the sculptures with the kites before, but I haven't.

Lovely place.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful place! Thanks for stopping by my blog - I look forward to more picturesque Sundays :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That was a great day for photos!