Saturday, June 05, 2010

Sigh part II

It's a happier sigh this time.

Just thought I'd update on my husband's health.  He had his bloodwork on Thursday and he talked with his nurse Friday afternoon.  There are three liver numbers and all three have gone down  (good thing) and the number that was the highest and the only one I remember went from mid 600s to the low 500s.  It was down 140 points. 

My husband still saw this as being off the charts, but I see it as being real good.  If those numbers go down 140 points each week then he will be in the normal range within 3 weeks. 

There is no panic, no talk of changing anything he's doing, and no treatment options being bandied about.  They are scheduling a liver biopsy and an ultrasound I think.  Well, a liver biopsy for sure and blood work each week. 

It's still a big sigh because I think I've been holding my breath for a whole week now, but I'm so very happy that the numbers have gone down.  I'm praying that this was just a little blip to keep us on our toes and won't be anything serious.

On a lighter note - Tom's brother is now one year post transplant.  He had a liver transplant in Michigan on June 1st of last year.  He's had a much rockier road than Tom did his first year, but he is doing real well these days. 

Two brother and two transplants. 

Praying for many more healthy years for both of them :)

Thanks so much everyone.

Kristin

If you missed the first part of this tale -  Sigh.

10 comments:

Julie Stiles Mills said...

Great news! Just prayed for the numbers to continue to go down.

LAC said...

That is great news. So glad to hear. Keep us posted and we will continue to send prayers and good wishes from PA.

Anonymous said...

Oh K, this is good news to hear .. thank you for posting an update .. how was your bloodwork or are you still waiting for results?

Claudya Martinez said...

I hope this is a sign that the numbers will keep getting better. Thank you for the update.

Keetha Broyles said...

And we'll hope those numbers keep going down until they are back in the normal range.

It Feels Like Chaos said...

Glad to hear the report brought some good news. I will pray for the numbers to continue to improve!

denise said...

so wonderful to hear! i've kept you in my prayers and will continue to do so for those numbers to go down!

j said...

This post made my night. I am so glad that you are glad. Honestly, I don't fully understand the numbers but I understand the tone of relief in your writing. I am praying that it will continue to be all good news!

AdriansCrazyLife said...

I see that you are involved with transplant patients. What a small world. A cousin of mine had a liver transplant last year, but has been struggling with it mightily and now has been turned down by Medicaid for a life-saving bone marrow transplant. He has been so much on my mind because I know he is suffering terribly. You can read more about his story at superclarkkimble.blogspot.com. I have a feeling he won't be with us much longer - it's just so sad and so unnecessary.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I think that is good news but I can imagine him being upset. So can I ask why both he and his brother have had to have transplants? Keeping him in my prayers.