Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday Fragments



Welcome to Friday Fragments, the late evening edition! Mrs. 4444 hosts this event each week and has been doing so 100 times! It's a milestone that's for sure. If you think about it, there are only 52 weeks in a year so this event is probably 2 years old. Unless there were a few extra Fridays tucked in there :)

Congrats on a successful carnival Mrs. Fours!

*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•

A week or two ago I talked about going on camera (scary stuff!) to talk about one of my Aha Moments in my life. It was so far out of my comfort zone that I can't even begin to tell you. Well, the edited version is up on the website and ready to be viewed. It is so far beyond my comfort zone to even mention that it's there, but I did this all to talk about the beauty of organ donation, so here it is. Kristin's Aha Moment

*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•

We have been without internet half of the day today - well without wireless internet. Earlier I could get my computer to connect via the Ethernet and my husband couldn't get his and now I can't get mine to connect. So I'm on his computer.  Technology. It can be so difficult at times and so easy other times.

*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•

I spent and extended weekend in Lansing, MI and had a great time. I spent quite a bit of time with my sisters and nieces and we had two family reunions, too. They were a lot of fun. The first night was the cousins reunion where all of my Mom's first cousins came to her place for dinner and chatting. The second day was all of the families, plus the cousins.

*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•




We had macaroni and cheese for dinner at the cousins reunion. It was a fancy mac n cheese that used fontina cheese and parmesan cheese. When we went to pick up the Fontina cheese we realized that we needed 6 pounds of it and at $15 a pound that wasn't going to happen. So, a new recipe was created on the spot in the grocery store. We used 5 pounds of Mozzerella and a pound of Fontina. It was still very good mac and cheese.

*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•

On a sad note, one of my tenants passed away this morning. She had been in the hospital for the past 6 weeks and was strong enough for transplant but having a lot of other issues so they kept her in there to make sure she was transplant ready. She got the call for the liver transplant at 11pm last night and when they started the procedure her heart just couldn't take it. They worked on her for 40 minutes and couldn't keep her going. Thankfully her family had arrived and were able to spend about an hour with her before she passed.   The bright side is that the liver was able to go to someone else and an organ donation was not wasted. The incredibly sad side is that a family that I have come to really care about lost an incredible woman today. Prayers to you all.

I was able to tell you this story because the family told me I could as long as I mentioned that the gift of the liver was passed on to someone else.  That gives them a great amount of comfort.

*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•

The woman who passed away today was able to donate her eyes. I nearly forgot about that!  What a blessing they will be to someone.

*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•

I'll leave you with that today. Next week be sure and come back because I have some great printables that I want to share. Being on my husband's computer I just couldn't get to all of my links.

Have a great day!
Kristin


4 comments:

brainella said...

Our wireless has been having issues recently too. It's very frustrating when something that is supposed to work all the time is so easily fickle and problematic.

Fontina cheese is so very expensive but it does make good mac & cheese! :)

I'm am so sorry to hear about one of your tenants; it is wonderful that she was able to be a donor herself.

Have a peaceful weekend.

Claudya Martinez said...

I am so sorry to hear about your tenant.


My wireless acts up all the time and I have to turn everything off for 30 seconds and then turn it all back on. It is annoying as all get out.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Well you Aha moment was excellent and I just loved seeing you almost in person. You did an awesome job.
Sorry about your neighbor and how wonderful that someone will live/see because of her. Well that mac & cheese sounds awesome.
Sorry about the internet issues :(

Mrs4444 said...

Glad I didn't miss this post! You looked ADORABLE in your video, and your sincerity shined through. I loved it.

$15 a pound?! Wow!!

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend and tenant. I'm glad her family was able to spend some time with her and that she will be able to make a difference in someone else's life.