Thursday, June 24, 2010

Favorite Things

Favorite Things


My Favorite Things is in the kitchen this week. Mrs. 4444 is hosting this new blog carnival and is keeping Mr. Linky open for several weeks so that you can join in, even if you haven't arrived on the day it started. I was in Michigan when she announced that we were in the kitchen this week, so I'm just getting to it now.

I have an unusual obsession with doing dishes, so my top favorites are all dish related.




My number one all time, hands down favorite in the kitchen is my basket of dishtowels. I use at least two a day. Fairly recently I had to retire several of them because after 20 years of wonderful service, they came out of the dryer with several large holes in them. Yep, they were literally worn out.




I am allergic to nearly everything that is scented, but these two items in my cupboards have never caused me a moment of trouble. Regular, original Ivory dishsoap and Method's Grapefuit liquid handsoap.

Which leads me to my next favorite thing - This little line up.




Left to right -

A recycled olive oil bottle with the pouring insert intact. I pour in my Ivory dishsoap and about 1/4 cup of water and I have an easy pouring soap dispenser.

My Umbra dispenser for the Method Grapefruit handsoap.

The faucet for my Culligan Reverse Osmosis Filtered Water. I've now had this in two homes. I love the faucet and the reverse osmosis water. This faucet sits close to the sink so you can fill up a water bottle in the sink or move the faucet to the side and keep your glass on the counter and fill it there. Love it!

My McCoy pottery planter that holds my scrubbies and sink stopper. It's pottery and it's McCoy and it's green. Three of my favorite things :)




My favorite Kitchen time saver is my antique, made from steel, won't bend even with the hardest Parmesan Cheese, grater. It is one of my best investments - $8.

I love using these little glass bowls when I'm making things that have a lot of little bits of ingredients and I want to prep everything first.




My Frenches Mustard glass jar that holds corn on the cob holders. It makes me smile each time we use this and I think it's just because of the bright yellow cap! Sometimes it truly is the little things.



Last but not least are my mosaic planters (I have three total) that hold all of my long handled and not easy to store in a drawer utensils. I have one planter for spatualas and scrapers (not shown), Shiny Silver in the form of whisks, spoons and a potato masher and finally the planter that holds all of the wooden items.

Just like in the post I did for My Favorite Things Bathroom Edition - I have a few dozen more items that I would love to feature but I don't want to bore you :)  Thanks again to Mrs. 4444 for hosting this carnival!

Have a great day!
Kristin

4 comments:

Mrs4444 said...

I don't know what I like better--the "stuff" or the photos!

The little glass dishes cracked me up, because Mr.4444 is always telling me I need to use the ones we have to prep, but I'm always just messing as I go.

I love those corn picker thingies-I've never seen any like that.

I, too, like to use antique kitchen stuff--it's so durable, but I also like the nostalgia :)

Thanks for linking up!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love it all. So simple and pretty.
I love dishtowels, I love the way you have them out in a basket. I just may have to steal that idea.
Thank you for sharing.

Ann in the UP said...

I love-love-love your wooden utensils! They look so smooth and nicely made.

Terri said...

you are so creative Kristin! I love these posts of yours.