Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Journaling


I did it.

I purchased a journal at the end of last year. I think I mentioned it here once or twice (here) - this journal is just so cool because it only has 4 lines per day to fill in. If you need more space there are extras available you just go to the Extras section and write to your hearts content & then write down the page number at the end of your 4 lines. (There's a special little spot just for that page number, too

This journal was a big committment. It wasn't just a year, it is an 11 year journal. 2008 - 2018, which looks like ten years, but it's actually 11 written years. This is one of the things that used to screw me up when it came to math. How can it be both 10 and 11??? but I digress.

I have to be honest and tell you that I didn't always write in the journal each day - sometimes I saved up a few days and filled them in all at once. When I went on vacations I didn't take the journal with me, but I always kept a little post-it with some fun facts to put in the journal for when I returned. However, I have something written in every single day of 2008. It was one of my 101 Things To Do in 1001 Days projects.

I do say so myself, I am so proud of me. I have such a short attention span sometimes that when I wrote down #41 - write in my journal every day - I just assumed that I was not going to finish that task. Then again, I wasn't sure I'd still be blogging daily, either! But I did have hope that writing down the task would create some sort of desire to finish the task.

So this last day in December 2008 I have two successes for sure and that makes me smile so big...I wrote in my journal all year and I continue to write and enjoy blogging. As a matter of fact, I've now successfully completed 2 months of NaBloPoMo, which is a group dedicated to blogging every day. I've joined for January as well.

So have a Very Very Happy New Year! and may you have the best year yet.

I'd like to also at this time wish my dear friend Bob (AKA Jennifer, J.B. and Mrs. Parsont) a very Happy Birthday. I sent her off a little gift...shhhh don't tell her. She never reads my blog anyway lol But still. I hope it arrived today.

Happy New Year!
Kristin

See you in 2009!

No comments: