Wednesday, July 02, 2008

You're Painting?

Yes, we are painting.

Oh goodness, we are painting.

I am unsure if my feet will recover.

Well, of course they will, they've been this tired before.

The great news is that we got some free labor today, so we were able to get a lot of the house done in a short amount of time.

One of people that we employ is a Mormon carpenter and a few boys from his church are missionaries from around the United States. From what I understand, they devote some time each week to do community service for free and they have chosen to help us several times in the past month. Today we had the three missionaries, our carpenter, my husband and myself all painting. We primed the entire interior of the house, all closets, bathrooms, everything. The ceilings were all painted their two coats of finish paint and we got a first coat in all of the bedrooms (minus the closets), hallway and living room.

To say it was a blessing to have so may helping hands is an understatement.

We did three days worth of work today.

Tomorrow we have to finish the second coat on the main walls and our carpenter (who is an excellent trim painter) is going to finish all of the trim at the ceiling, so I don't have to do this over the weekend! I can trim out the ceilings but it takes me forever.

I hurt from head to toe. Mostly my feet hurt.

I told my husband that I was going to go into the shower and just stand there. I wasn't sure if I had the strength to actually wash LOL Pretty pathetic! I did manage to get myself all clean while I was standing there, just in case you were wondering.

I forgot my camera today, so come back tomorrow to see the pictures.

Have a great day!
Kristin

2 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

WOW, that sounds SO PRODUCTIVE! What a great feeling!

LLG Denise said...

I've read the last three posts (this day and the 2 days following it). Gurl more than your feet must be tired! You're getting there: hang it!