Saturday, January 08, 2011

Cottage by the Sea


My husband is feeling better from the first ailment, but now he's sick again with viral conjunctivitis, otherwise known as pink eye.  He was told on Friday that he's to stay home for two weeks.  This on top of the 9 days he's already been home.

Needless to say, I can't stay in the house with him all the time.  I'd positively go crazy.  So today I went on a little sightseeing mission to see places that I've been meaning to stop and check out, but haven't yet.

Cottage by the Sea was one of those places.


There were actually two shops, Cottage by the Sea, too was in a separate building behind the other.  They both contained beachy, arty items for your home.  Lots of local artists show their work there and local folks who have a passion, like the woman who finds these vintage Florida tablecloths. They run in the $75 - 100 range depending on age, wear, etc. 


I have always thought I'd like one of these, but I don't have a typical Florida style home.  It would look woefully out of place.  Still, a girl can dream.


I've seen all kinds of starfish art, but I hadn't seen this before.  I think it's rather cool.  I saw some oyster shell candle holders that were the most magnificent things I have ever seen.  I couldn't get a photo of it, so you'll have to take my word on it.  They were spectacular.

Painted furniture, mirrors, knick knacks, wall art and palm trees in so many ways and shapes.  The Palm Tree art I liked best was only $575.  Guess we'll put that on the long term wish list.  That piece would have fit nicely into my home.  It was just the right colors. 


When you walk into the Cottage by the Sea, too you are asked to Duck.  They weren't kidding either.  I'm 5'2" and I barely fit under the sign.




Unknown Mami


To see more Sundays in My City, please head on over to Unknown Mami's place.  Lots of people join in each week to show off their cities.

Have a delightful weekend!
Kristin

8 comments:

Cyndy Bush said...

I love the "duck" sign, that tickles my dorky sense of humor. I'd love to visit that place!
The starfish art would look great in my master bath.

jb said...

I am sure this is on the list for Feb, but.....oooooh! I just want to unfold each and every table cloth, and devour all that cool graphics!

Kristin - The Goat said...

Cyndy - I saw the duck sign as soon as I pulled into my parking spot and knew I had to have it!

JB - Yep! I'm trying to scope out some new places for us :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Now that looks like a fun store. Those vintage tableclothes are so cool! Love the starfish tree, it's so different. The duck sign is cute and obviously functional as well. I would love to shop with you.

Tara R. said...

I love little shops like these. They are so much fun to wander around in.

qandlequeen said...

Very cool and the DUCK sign is perfect although I'm a tad scared of any door that you would have to duck to enter. That means I am assured of whacking my head on it.

Claudya Martinez said...

I love the duck sign. So funny.

Lisa Nelsen-Woods said...

I'm digging the vintage Florida Tablecloths. At first I thought they were kitchen towels.