Friday, January 14, 2011

POTD - Jiffy


POTD - Jiffy
©2011 Kristin Corlett

I made the scalloped corn (bread) for my support group potluck dinner tonight and it was devoured.   My husband started telling people that I only make five good dishes and that he's so glad I have something new to add to the repertoire.  I reminded him that everyone loves what I bring to potluck and he said something like, "...well of course, you bring one of the five good dishes!" 

Well, the Jiffy corn bread and creamed corn side dish was fabulous and I had a great time using the Jiffy box as a photo prop while I was waiting for the food to bake in the oven.

Enjoy!
Kristin

4 comments:

Caution/Lisa said...

I don't even have five good dishes. Now I'm wondering if I have even one...

Bill Lisleman said...

Your husband should start increasing that number because he might be looking at an empty plate or worst maybe a flying plate.
strange picture but of course it relates to the story. Reminds me of when my sister sent me a picture of the inside of her fridge.

Ann in the UP said...

This is a good place to thank you for that recipe, which is flat out delicious! We enjoyed it this week with our Monday pork and kraut, and then I had some with a number of subsequent meals, too. It makes an awful lot for two people.

Thanks, thanks, thanks!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

You know I just got a recipe book from Jiffy, it was free. I haven't look through it yet so I don't know what's in it!