Monday, January 10, 2011

A little bit of this and that


I have so very little to say today.

I know!  That's a change, huh?

More often than not I'm just bursting at the seams to say something but the past few days have been relatively calm and uneventful.



My transplant friend is getting stronger, yet she has not gotten that second transplant yet.  I'm shocked actually.  I can't believe they haven't found a match for her.   A few of her family members have started arriving, so I haven't been going up as often.  She's in ICU, so even though Mayo doesn't limit visitation, I don't like to overwhelm the patient or the family with excessive visits. 

My husband's eyes are looking better today.  Yesterday they were still bright red, so I was getting a little nervous, but today they are mostly white.  Great sign.




I went to an endocrinologist  today, my first time meeting him.  I didn't realize that I was having a fasting visit and I ate breakfast - ooops.  So tomorrow morning I'm going to go in for my labs.  Oh well. It didn't change todays appt.  The reason why I'm going to him is because I've been very concerned at the continued weight gain I'm experiencing, even though I am being a responsible diabetic.  

The photos in today's post are of a tree just a few miles from my house.  It sits near a pond with cattails and there was a place to park off the road, so it was a preferred location. 


I think I've mentioned before, but I'll say it again, I'm participating in several photo projects this year.  One of the reasons I'm doing all these projects is to get me taking photos each and every day.   I'm in day 10 of the 365 day project and I've already found that I'm not getting out of the house as I thought I would.  Today I told my husband that I was going to the grocery store, but first I needed to drive around a bit and find something interesting to photograph.   He laughed, telling me that this was going to be a recurring theme :^)

The two 52 photos projects are once a week and I will probably pull those photos from the ones I used in the 365 project, but as long as the photo was taken during that week, it's great.

If you'd like to keep track of my 365 Project I have been using Shuttercal. My calendar has 10 days filled in so far :)  Only one a day and you can only fill in the current days photo or those days that have passed.  So no filling in the photos in advance!  I wouldn't do that anyway. 


Hope you have a great week!
Kristin

2 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Those are absolutely GORGEOUS photos of the lichen on that tree.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The pictures are beautiful, I really like them. So glad your transplant friend is getting stronger, hope she gets a match soon. Glad that your husbands eyes are better. Hope the doctor you are seeing will be able to help you. Good luck with all your photo projects.