Thursday, January 27, 2011

Friday Fragments



It's Friday Fragments Day!  
It's Friday Fragments Day!

Welcome to Friday Fragments!  This is the place where we're able to put little snippets of fun or interesting things together without having to stretch that idea into an entire blog post.  I have missed the past two FF days, so I'm anxious to get back into the Fragmenting grooooove!

Mrs. 4444 is our lovely host and I am so grateful for her continued hosting of this fun carnival.  For more Friday Fragment finds, please head on over to Half-Past Kissin' Time.  Thanks!

*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•

Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.

*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•

 Steven Tyler made me cry last night (American Idol on Wednesday) when leaned down and gave the girl in a wheelchair a kiss and said "...that's why he sings so good, because he sings to you."  Oh Lordy, turn off the faucet!  I didn't expect to burst into tears like that.  Whew.  (I'm actually typing this moments after he said it, so I'm still wiping away tears.)


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•

Bigger Really is Better when it comes to ordering photos.  I just found this on a photographers website.  Her name is Amy Ro and I couldn't agree more with her point of view. 

*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•

If you hadn't heard, my friend, Julie, who needed a second liver transplant has gotten it and is doing very well.  She's still in the hospital and will probably be going to a rehab facility in the next week or so to continue her progress.  I am so very grateful to everyone for the thoughts and prayers for her recovery. 

*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•

December 2010 Timelapse Blizzard video -This was 32 inches of snow in Belmar, NJ.  Whew!
You Northerners have been getting so much snow that I think nearly every one of you could have taken this video!  

*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•



I purchased this Perpetual Paris Calendar for my husband to give to me for Christmas.  :)  Sometimes it's just better to do things that way!  When I went to the Little Brown Pen Etsy site I discovered that this calendar is now 30% off.  Good deal!  The other night I finally put the calendar all together.   Of course I did it in the middle of the night and without a ruler or a ladder, so I'm glad I didn't wake the downstairs neighbors and that I got the rows fairly even.  I really really love it and it looks great with the mossy green wall paint I have in the guest bedroom.

This photo is the calendar installed in my home.

*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•


I'm a diabetic and have been controlling my blood sugar very well since I was first diagnosed, but my weight gain has been out of control.  Things needed to change, so my new doctor that I really like, referred me to an endocrinologist.  My first appt with the endo after my labs was just the other day.  We discussed my issues and he listened, then he decided to change up my medication.  I hope it works for me as one of the side effects is NOT weight gain.

It seems like every medication that works for me has a side effect of weight gain - and within a few days, I gain many pounds.  Many days later I gain many pounds.  That keeps up for a few weeks and then the weight gain stops, thankfully.  I've gained myself right out of my clothes and into higher doses of insulin, which can cause weight gain.  Vicious cycle.  I'm optimistic that this Dr. can help me and I can lose this weight again, and maybe a few dozen more :)

*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•
Thanks so much for stopping by my place.  I hope to make it to yours this weekend, too!

Kristin

20 comments:

Rebecca said...

We've had lots of snow too. Not yet 32 inches but getting close. Our average should only be 11 inches per winter. Bleah!

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh Kristin, I do hope the new endocrinologist will be able to help!

Susan said...

Wonderful news for your friend. Hope the new meds work for you!

Bill Lisleman said...

I have old film so my memories lose color.
To change the month do you just rearrange the numbers that hook to something? I think by the time I got around to rearranging the numbers the month would be half over then I would just think I'll wait until next month. Do you know a broken clock is right twice a day?

Debby@Just Breathe said...

So happy to hear that Julie is doing well. That is great news.
I thought it was so awesome when Steven Tyler bent down and hugged her. I am liking the new judges.
I love that calendar, it's so different. I pray your new medication works. I know when I started one of my medication I read that you can gain 10 pounds and with a week I did! I am also on oral steroids and it's hard to get the weight off. Have a nice weekend.

Mrs4444 said...

Happy for Julie.
Loved the blizzard video!! VERY cool!
I'm glad you're taking care of yourself, and the weight gain has to be very frustrating! I'm glad you've got a new doctor who's given you hope.

Love you!! Have a great weekend.

Coby said...

I love that calendar! Love. It.

I hope you have success with your new doctor! I can only imagine how frustrating it must be!

j said...

Bryan and I were talking today about Steven Tyler's kind behavior. It was really touching to see him be so gentle. Kristin, I hate to admit it but I am becoming an American Idol fan! I didn't want to drink to kool-aid but my lip is stained red :)

j said...

I forgot! I really hope the new doctor and the new meds are successful for you.

Kay said...

we have not had enough snow for our taste... but that comment could get me hung here!

i am so thankful that julie is now recovering from her transplant! how wonderful!!

i also hope your new meds will work better WITHOUT the weight gain. that would be hard for me to handle, weighing that option. meds or no extra weight...

Karen and Gerard said...

That's great news about your friend, Julie!

Sorry to hear you are struggling with the diabetes thing--it's a very tricky thing. Hope your doctor can get the right medicine for you that really works. My dad had that but never had any weight gain side effect from it. I wonder why.

I sometimes pick out my own gifts too. It does work well that way.

Stopping by from Friday Fragments.

LAC said...

That calender is really cool! Thanks for sharing the link about bigger prints. I loved it and put it on my Biz FB page.

Caution/Lisa said...

I love your artsy approach to life!
Love that calendar, too.

I really, really hope this doctor is the solution you need :)

Jamie said...

Glad Julie is recovering! Prayers that she continue to do so!

LOVE that calendar! I may have to track down one. Etsy has the most fun stuff!

We have had no snow yet, but then I am in central TX, so it doesn't snow that much here, and I am okay with that!

Hope the docs can get your new meds squared away without weight gain! Why is it that sometimes the meds we need the most do that to us women? No fair!

Claudya Martinez said...

I have a photographic memory, but mine is digital and I keep accidentally deleting the images.

I didn't even see American Idol and you got me weepy thinking about it.

Best of luck on the new meds.

Tracie Nall said...

The blizzard video is super cool.

This is the first year that we have watched American Idol at our house. Steve Tyler is one of my husband's favorites, so that drew us in.

I love the calender. Very cute.

mimbles said...

That's great news about your friend Julie, I hope thing continue to go well for her.

Sorry to hear about your frustrations with medication and weight gain, good luck with the new doctor!

Cyndy Bush said...

I'm glad to hear your friend is doing well!
Good luck with the new doctor & meds.

qandlequeen said...

Congrats to your friend Julie and good luck to you with the new meds.

Doreen McGettigan said...

It really does seem like every medication causes weight gain. My husband has a bad heart and goes through the vicious cycle also..ugghh..I hope the new guy helps you out. Diabetes is so serious I am glad you take good care of yourself...
Oh the snow...please order up some HOT sunny weather for March 4th till the 11th as hubby and I hope to be in Daytona Beach for Bike Week!