Thursday, January 06, 2011

Update on my transplant friend


On Monday I talked about the Waiting Game about my friend who needs to have her second liver transplant in just a few days.  She was critical and needed a new transplant within 48 hours if everything stayed the same.


I asked for prayers. 
Everyone who knew her asked for prayers. 
We prayed.
You all prayed.

We got a miracle and at this point it's better than a transplant.
Her condition improved.
The critical need to have the transplant immediately has changed.
Her condition has improved so much that should she get her transplant now, she will be much more able to handle the surgery.
She will be able to wait a few days to possibly a few weeks for the transplant.
This is excellent news.


She was sedated for a few days, but now she can hold our hand and nod her head. 
She even gave a little smile. 
I asked her questions and she responded the best way she could, but she and I both knew that she was answering.
I always had hope, but my hope now has big helping of hope on top!



I believe with all of my heart that she is going to get this second transplant and make a full recovery. 

She has a strong spirit and that's half the battle.

I will continue to give cryptic updates until she's well enough to approve me talking about her :)

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for caring about my friend.

It's a great day!
Kristin


The photos above are from the campus of the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, FL.  I love the texture of Sycamore trees so spent a few minutes yesterday admiring their beauty.

4 comments:

ann in the UP said...

That is the best news ever. Thanks for giving us an update.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is wonderful news. I will continue to pray.

I love the trees/bark.

Keetha Broyles said...

Good news indeed!

j said...

I'm so glad to hear good new regarding your friend. I prayed and now I need to thank God for answered prayer!