Monday, January 10, 2011

POTD - Santa Santa


POTD - Santa Santa
©2010 Kristin Corlett

My mom set up this little Christmas display on a shelf over her sink.  The tree is new, but the Santa & Mrs. Clause mugs and the Kewpie plate are all old and pieces I remember well.  The Kewpie plate is from 1973, Alison's birth year.  We always called it the piglet plate.  I'm not sure if this is the original as we've had a few.  I think we wanted two of them, one for Mom and one for Alison.  Someone broke one of the plates so we got another one.  Ebay is a wonderful invention. 

Enjoy!
Kristin

3 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What a cute display. I also like that new little tree!

jb said...

I love the piglet plate! Didn't we scoop one up in Allen or Mason or somewhere? I seem to remember you being so happy to find a "piglet" plate!

j said...

Love the plate!

My mom collects kewpie dolls. Oh Kristin, you oughta see that shelf full of naked babies (SO many of them)!