Monday, January 24, 2011

POTD - Shadow Palm


POTD - Shadow Palm
©2011 Kristin Corlett

During the auction yesterday, the auctioneer started selling a whole bunch of items that I had absolutely no interest in purchasing.  A whole lot of guns.  Zero interest.  Thankfully my Mother called so I went outside to chat.  Perfect timing!  The entire time I was outside I watched the breeze blow the palm fronds and their subsequent shadows back and forth across the wall.   Rarely did the frond stretch out this straight so I held my camera up and waited for the perfect moment to snap a shot.

Thanks Mom for the chat, it was really great catching up.

Enjoy!
Kristin

5 comments:

Caution/Lisa said...

I just started to count how many years it's been since I've seen a palm tree. Now I'm sad!

Ann in the UP said...

Time well spent. You escaped the gun portion, talked to your mum and took a fine picture. Multi-tasking at its best.

Tiffany said...

Oh boy...that makes me dream of warm temperatures as I sit here in Ohio trying to stay warm!

Rebecca said...

Thanks for sharing this photo. It's amazing.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Perfect timing, it came out great!