Friday, May 15, 2009

Magnolia Tree

On my walk to the grocery store last week I happened to look at the Magnolia Trees that I pass by so frequently. Usually I walk on the other side of the street, looking into the shop windows, but today I chose the Magnolia side.

I love the shiny leaves of the Magnolia tree and I even like the brown underside. When I lived in Michigan I had a Magnolia tree that budded all at the same time and bloomed at the same time. I prayed for no rain for the few days that the blooms were open because if the rain came down, the gorgeous tree was no more. Spring is rainy in Michigan and I only saw that tree in full bloom a few times.

Here in Florida the Magnolias bloom for months, a few flowers at a time. So there isn't a time when all of a sudden the tree is filled from top to bottom in blossoms, just a few here and there.

I know this is blurry, it was impossible for me to hold the branch down and stand back far enough to take the photo. I'm too short!

Have a wonderful Friday! I'll be home on Sunday!
Kristin

*You can click on any of the pictures to make them a larger.

1 comment:

Keetha Broyles said...

These are gorgeous Magnolia pictures. What they call Magnolias up here sure don't look like Magnolias to me. THIS is Magnolia!!!!

I can ALMOST smell it.