Saturday, July 09, 2011

Along the roadway



If you were to pull off the road, say on to the shoulder of the road, why would you do that?



Would it be to take a picture of the factory/mining place?


Would it be to take a picture of the wind turbines in the distance?



Maybe it would be because you wanted to see if the bolts in the guardrail are made in the USA.


Three C's gas delivery to the rescue!

Or maybe it was because 20 miles before your destination you had to call the people you were going to meet (for the very first time in person!) and ask them to bring you a can of gas.

...because you ran out.

...because you were listening to the audio book and didn't look at the gas gauge.

...because

aww heck, I can't give any excuses.

I'm such a dork.

I have to say though that my very first reaction was to laugh a big hearty laugh at my mistake. My second was to call my friend, Lisa and see if she could help me out. My third was to get out of the car because I was far too close to the white line. My fourth was to write on FB that I ran out of gas so that everyone could have a good laugh like I did. Then I called my husband and I admitted to him that I did something really goofy. He wasn't surprised.

So that's a great way to meet a fellow blogger and her family. Ask them to come rescue you from the side of the road!

More about Lisa in the coming days as well as my stop to see Matt and Patti and then Nancie and Chuck and my friend Bob and the trip to the vineyard that is beginning in the morning.

There aren't enough hours in the days on this road trip, I'm finding out.

I'm getting a whole lot of in-person socialization and can't seem to stay awake long enough to blog it. I will though, I promise!

Have a great weekend!
Kristin

7 comments:

Cyndy Bush said...

I love that you can laugh at stuff like that! It's better than having a temper tantrum, that's for sure.

42N said...

I like the green bridge and bolt photos - they are a...gas.

Ann in the UP said...

A kindred soul. Today I invited my son and granddaughter to join us for dinner and a swim, and forgot to tell them that we weren't staying at our usual hostelry. DOH!!!!

j said...

Well you DID get some good shots sooooo... there :)

I out dork you. I ran out of gas once when I was a teenager. Have I ever mentioned that my parents own a gas station? Sort of hard to live that one down.

Love ya Kristin!

Terri said...

hehe; you would never have found out about that bolt being made in the good ole U.S. of A. if you hadn't run out of gas! : )

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That's how I felt in Europe, was so busy I couldn't even think about blogging. That is actually a good thing.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I forgot to mention the gas. I've never done that but my husband was notorious for that when we were younger. It happened dozens of times! So sorry for your troubles.