Thursday, July 21, 2011

POTD - George Washington Bridge


POTD - George Washington Bridge
©2011 Kristin Corlett

I waited almost three hours to cross this bridge, so I was going to make every effort to take some fabulous shots once I finally got there!  Unfortunately, since I was driving and all of the traffic jams were leading up to the bridge and not on the bridge itself, I had to resort to the hold-my-camera-up-and-continuously-shoot while moving the camera up-and-down and side-to-side maneuver to make sure I got at least one good shot.  Thankfully I did get some fun shots of the bridge.

The "George" is a suspension bridge that connects New York and New Jersey over the Hudson River.  It has an upper level and a lower level.  After waiting all that time in traffic to get to this bridge I nearly got into the lane that would have taken me below and I would have missed all this beauty!  Goodness, someone was watching over me and tapped me on the shoulder at the right time I guess.

Enjoy!
Kristin

2 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Bridges are amazing. You got a great shot. You are in places that I hope to see someday. Hope you continue to have a great trip and safe travels.

Ajlounyinjurylaw said...

Even tho it was a juggling act to get the shot of the bridge it is a good one. Much appreciated.