Saturday, July 16, 2011

POTD - Mailboxes


POTD - Mailboxes
©2011 Kristin Corlett

Driving along the roads of Martha's Vineyard there are dozens of mailbox areas like this one.  Postboxes are added in as the houses are built and the older boxes decaying from the salt air.  I promised my friends that I would only require one stop to a suite of mailboxes like this, but I have to admit that I want to stop at each one and take their picture.   Thankfully there were two mailbox areas on either side of the little road where we stopped so I did get a few more shots. 

Enjoy!
Kristin

I'm still on Martha's Vineyard having a blast!  We leave on Sunday, July 17th.

5 comments:

Ann in the UP said...

I'm happy I don't deliver mail to that particular line. Some high, some low; it'd take a contortionist! Makes a good picture, though.

I'm glad you're having such a good time.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I always love mail boxes. That's quite a collection of them. Sounds like so much fun.

j said...

Love.

LOVE LOVE LOVE this shot. I particularly like the location of your name - very clever :)

Cyndy Bush said...

I like it. I love old mailboxes.

LLG Denise said...

Oh Geez, i saw your name on the mailbox and thought you'd decided to STAY at the vineyard!