Sunday, July 03, 2011

Pink Tiger


I took my friend and her two daughters to the Riverside Arts Market yesterday.  I love RAM, but I had not gotten to it at all this year.  I could hardly believe it, but my Saturdays have been busy this year.

Well,  on this Saturday I made a point to take my friends.  Our first stop was Food!  I had one of the grilled cheese paninis and it was SO good!    The other three had food from the same vendor and we all ate every bite.  Good stuff.


I'm sure my friend won't appreciate the back view, but I liked seeing her with her daughters.  The youngest holding her hand and the teenager walking alone :)



The youngest wanted to be a pink tiger for the day.  The gal who was doing the painting was fast and very good. 


Although I have to say that her child subject hardly moved a muscle in that chair.


My friend told me that her daughter just loves to have her face painted.
I told her that they didn't have face painting when I was a kid (boo hoo) so I had no idea what it was like!  I think she said she'd never had her face painted either.  So I guess I wasn't the only one!


Here is the pink tiger in all her glory.

I took them to a park, after RAM,  and we got a few family photos.

I love family photos with a sense of humor!


Unknown Mami


Please go visit more folks who have already joined in Unknown Mami's Sundays in my City.
I'm sure you won't see a pink tiger at any of those places, but you will probably see something very interesting!


Have a wonderful Fourth of July!
Kristin

7 comments:

Beth Zimmerman said...

That's one awesome pink tiger! How fun to do family portraits with a tiger child!

Claudya Martinez said...

I've never had my face painted either. I'm hungry I want a grilled cheese paninis.

Keetha Broyles said...

Once when the Colts went to the superbowl, one of my students painted a Colt's horseshoe on my cheek - - - does THAT count?

I too LOVE the pink tiger, and you are RIGHT that face painting artist is GOOD.

I have been too busy this week to even VISIT in blogland. Grrrrrrrrrrr

Wait - - - now I sound like a tiger!

Ann in the UP said...

That looks like a fun day with your friend and the girls. Sorry we all missed out on face painting, though.

Is there an age limit? Maybe a face painter could have an adults only day for the young at heart.

Mez said...

Looks like a simply lovely day! Going to a weekend market is one of my favorite things to do! Face painting is gorgeous!

Lifeofkaylen said...

Wow, that is a pretty amazing pink tiger!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds like a fun day and they did an amazing job on her face.

I am trying to catch up but not sure I can read each post. I'm giving it my best shot. You had the most out of my favorites that I follow!