Sunday, April 06, 2008

Springfield Ct.

This is our beauty on Springfield Court.

She is amazing.

I'm not sure why I didn't take a picture of the entire front of the house. That little driveway to the left of the house goes back to a shed/garage-like structure. I can't for the life of me remember at the moment if it has a garage door if it is just a shed. Whatever it has, it is a real nice room. It is going to look great.

I sent an email to my family yesterday telling them that this house was the same floorplan as my Grandmothers home in Nebraska. Now I'm sure that a two bedroom, one bath house can really only be configured a few ways, but the thought of this having anything to do with that great little house in Maywood, NE makes me happy as can be.

This house is a gem if I ever saw one. My husband put an offer on it before I even saw it. In fact, I only saw it a few days ago. Anyway, the place needs a new kitchen layout, and I think I'd have open up to the dining room (which is really too small to be a dining room these days.) I would leave the seperation between the living room and the existing kitchen since this house is so small - a little privacy and noise reduction is going to be welcomed. Our carpenter suggested putting an entrance to the kitchen from the living room - but if we incorporated the dining room into the kitchen design, then we already have an entrance that way. Well, I'll be posting a million pictures.


I can't decide what to do with that front porch. (Besides a nice paint job lol) It either needs trim to make it look like it isn't just stuck on, or it needs to be taken off. I think I'm for keeping it and just sprucing it up. It is always nice to have a screened porch to keep the skeeters away.

We close on this house on Wednesday. Our carpenter is going to live in this house for a few months, work on the Jupiter house and this one and then we'll buy another one for him to live in, flip and so it goes...or we'll just see how this goes first. That's the plan anyway.

This is Springfield. She is going to be something great. I can see it now.

Have a Great Day!
Kristin

No comments: