Saturday, May 17, 2008

Attic Stairs



This weird looking thing is actually the attic stairs that the boys installed today. I thought for sure I took a picture of it installed, but alas, no. Believe me when I tell you, its installed. Below you will see what was required for installation.

What it doesn't say is "the top of one mans head." Because that's what Dan used to hold the stairs up while he was holding onto a piece of drywall as a measure of how far down from the rafters to screw it in & his other hand was trying to hold the front of the stairs up. Kenny was sitting in the attic on this 90° day, trying to get the screws into the stairs as quickly as possible.

I didn't see these boys use an adjustable wrench, a hand saw or a hack saw. I did see a Sharpie, a carpenters level, a skil saw & some shims.
I think they need a more complete list of alternatives.
The stairs are in!
Thanks Kenny, Thanks Dan!
Kristin

1 comment:

LLG Denise said...

Did Dan hurt his head? Wow, getting those stairs in without using half the tools (kenny prolly had an adjustable with him in the attic) means experience, very experience workers! You know how to pick 'em, Kristin!