Friday, May 02, 2008

Crayons

I found this site, while I was Stumbling along the internet. Color + Design Blog It gives a brief little history of Crayola crayons and has some stunning pictures of crayons. I do love a nice new box of Crayola crayons! I'm over 40 years old and crayons are still such a joy.

I post on a website where you can insert color numbers into the HTML and the website above had a really cool chart of all of the Crayola colors with their HTML numbers - so I printed off a sheet - but the colors didn't print - only the names. So I took a captured the screen shot of the colors and made them into graphics. How fun!

Here they are folks - all 120 color names, colors and HTML numbers for those colors. (actually I don't think it is ALL of the color names because I don't see Indian Red or Flesh and I used to color with both of those)

Enjoy!!







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A vacation I really want to take with my family would be to Hershey, Pennsylvania to see the Hershey factory - and less than an hour away - the Crayola factory. How cool would that be? (I'm just assuming they give tours.)

LLG Denise said...

Kirsten, i don't know if this is true, or just the imaginings of my little brain, but crayola came out with a whole LINE of flesh tones for our multicultural world, so flesh and Indian red (imagined color of indian skin) may have gone by the board at that time...just a thought.