Monday, May 12, 2008

A new roof

This is just a quick slideshow of the roof and some interesting things that sort of go along with the whole roof thing.

Les is standing up on what is left after all of the roofing has been torn off the roof. When I went inside the view is quite clear - straight to the sky! We need a new roof.





The sunlight pouring through was so cool. I wish we could put skylights in that mimicked that -- oh goodness, that would be a VERY expensive roof. The hallway was so bright with all that light streaming through. Unless something drastic is done, this is the most light this hallway will probably ever see.




All of the roofing supplies have been hauled up to the roof - the felt paper is already nailed into place. The shingles are next!



This is the back of the house. Dan, mr. carpenter man, is putting in my skylight. OK, so he's actually just cutting the hole, but I'm so excited. I wanted a tube skylight in the new bathroom because it doesn't have a natural light source...It is smack dab in the center of the house & it needed light. I have always thought these solar tubes were very cool - the one I purchased has a diameter of 10". Small but mighty, I guess haha


This is the finished roof. The boys were just gathering up their tools. It's only 1:30 in the afternoon. These boys were awesome.

Have a great day!
Kristin

1 comment:

LLG Denise said...

Wow, what a crew! Did Dan finish the skylight too? and it's a solar skylight too? woww.