Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Here Kitty Kitty

This is Moo. Moo is not my cat, but it's one that I've taken a keen interest in because of it's fun Cat Gymnastics. Moo is Katie's Cat from the blog Color Me Katie. When you click over to see the cat gymnastics, be sure and click on the shower gymnastics link that she has as well. I am totally in love with her cat.


I'm totally in love with mine, too. Mocha wasn't very happy with me in this photo, as you can probably guess. She has been drinking A LOT of water lately. Some nights she drains the entire bowl of water. It's been going on a few months but has been very consistent the past few weeks, so I finally made an appointment at the vets.
Mocha-darling, as I call her most of the time, made it known to the world that she was very very upset about traveling in the car today and not at home on the couch. She's got some lungs on her.

However, once we got into the room, she never made a sound. Even before anyone saw us, she was totally silent.



She is nearly impossible to get out of the carrier though. She finds all sorts of places to hold onto inside there, but eventually she was freed from the cage she so desperately wanted to get out of just moments ago.

She was weighed, had blood drawn, had urine drawn, had vaccines and possibly had her temperature taken. The vet looked at her teeth, inside her ears and felt the entire length of her belly. She was very good and let them do whatever they needed to do. The Dr. commented at how well behaved she was. I was so proud. After paying my nearly $500 vet bill we were sent home.

Today I spoke with the doctor and so far it looks like she is just thirsty. She doesn't have Kitty Diabetes or Kidney troubles. She may have hyperthyroid issues, but those lab results were not back yet. I changed her food several months back from half regular food, half mature food to 100% mature formula. This might be the reason for the increase in water and the weight loss. She has lost 3 pounds in 6 months. She was 15.5 pounds and is now 12.1 pounds. I really didn't think that taking out the regular food would make such a giant difference in her eating and drinking habits and her weight.

I will know more on Monday when the thyroid results come back, but right now I'm quite relieved. She's much happier with me today, too, so that's nice. She's no gymnastics kitty, but she's mine. :)

Have a great day!
Kristin

6 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

I have two I'm ready to give away. Well, OK, not really - - - but I'm tired of their kitty hair and other messes.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I am glad kitty MOcha is doing good. I thought it sounded like a kidney or bladder problem. Glad to know it ien't. I need to take my puppies to the pound. There are five...and it gets wild. I wish someone could tape it for the comedic relief. Oh, it'd be good!

And, really? kitty gymnastics? That cracks me up! Oh, the visuals!

Kristin - The Goat said...

Keetha - The fur is a character addition. That's what I say everytime I see it floating by. It adds character to my home! haha

Leigh - Goodness, I can't imagine having a house full of puppies. I've had a house full of kitties before but I'm a cat person. Find someone with a video camera and get that stuff on film LOL

Kristin - The Goat said...

Keetha - The fur is a character addition. That's what I say everytime I see it floating by. It adds character to my home! haha

Leigh - Goodness, I can't imagine having a house full of puppies. I've had a house full of kitties before but I'm a cat person. Find someone with a video camera and get that stuff on film LOL

Ruth Ann said...

I'm glad your kitty is doing ok!
I can sort of relate to your story. Within the last year we took our little dog Allie (she's the one I call a terrihuahua- part terrier/part chihuhua) to the vet. She had gained a lot of weight and I thought she had a thyroid disorder. She never ate table food and she ate a tiny amount of food, but she gained alot of weight. I thought she had some sort of health problem. Anyway we took her to the vet and after a ton of bloodwork, tests and hundreds of dollars later...we found out we just have a fat dog! lol

jb said...

I love Mochamochamocha, even if she doesn't want me around!