Thursday, April 02, 2009

In a Blue Room

This book arrived in my mailbox today. I haven't given a gift to my lovely baby Stella since she's been born. Well, not a specific "I've picked this out for you" type of gift. I gave my sister a few gift cards to Target and told her to go wild :) So I know that Stella and Zora got some clothes and fun stuff in the go wild sprees.

I thought that In a Blue Room would be a lovely gift for Stella. I think Zora will enjoy it, too. I saw this book on someones blog -- It may have been here, at Design Mom's blog, and I just loved it.

I really like the illustrations because it reminds me of Michigan. One of my favorite things about Michigan is the way the sky looks at night (in the winter) with the moonshine lighting up the landscape with the beautiful blue light. This only happens when there is snow on the ground and because I don't go home anymore in the winter, this book made me think of it.

And when something makes me happy and gives me memories, I love to give it away.

Stella and Zora both have birthdays in April (and so does their Momma, Alison) so I'm on the lookout for a good gift for Zora too. But this book is Stella's gift. She'll be one soon. One. What a joy she is. Zora will be five. Five! She is also a joy - a jumping off the walls joy, but a joy nonetheless.

Alison, if you read this -- shhhh, don't tell Stella.

Have a fabulous day!
Kristin

2 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

I love, love, love a great children's book. I really wish the "Violet" series from the Mitford series of books were real. Anyway - - - I kinda miss reading good children's books now that my kids are grown. Maybe the next time I go to the library, I'll check out another tall stack of children's books just for me!

jb said...

I miss the blue sky too...and the moan of the trains, deep in the night. Looks like a great book, perfect for Ms. Stella!