Tuesday, September 14, 2010

100 Things that make me happy part I

I'm nearing the end of my 1001 Days. 

That would be my 101 Things to Do in a 1001 Days.  

Number 73 was "Make a list of 100 things that make me happy."   I've been working on this list in my head for months now, but never seem to remember to type any of it when I'm here at the computer. Well, now I've started!

Here is the first installment of 15.



I should mention -- I've made my own little rule in my list of things that makes me happy.  No food.  Food can make me feel happy, but that's just too easy.  I wanted a list of figure friendly happys.  


The list of Things that make me happy are in no particular order, but this kitten is a pretty good way to start off the list!


from Google images

1. seeing a cat with their tongue sticking out. Mine rarely does it, but when she does it just melts my heart.

2. finding a new security envelope pattern

3. stumbling upon a great new crafty idea, even if I don't want to make it

4. finding a new driving short cut

5. a giant happy that could fill up pages with individual names - seeing friends and family that I know and love.  Being with them, hanging out with them, etc.


from Google images

6. a new box of 64 crayons

7. getting a reply to an email when I never expected one - like when I wrote a thank you email to an author and she replied, thanking me!

8. recognizing an aha moment

9. a purring kitty


10. saying "my wees are kneek"



11. seeing an item in an antique store that I had as a child

12. finding out that someone I admire had read my blog

from Google images

13. my favorite movies or tv shows

14. watching a classic movie on a big screen - I've seen Gone with the Wind and the Wizard of Oz

15. listening to my sisters tell me stories.  They both can tell a tale that can have me rolling in laughter.



If you think of something that makes you happy, be sure and shout it out in the comment section.  I'd love to hear what makes you happy!

Have a great day!
Kristin

6 comments:

42N said...

14-1. Watching the Three Stooges on the big screen. Did so in the 1980s - the audience was howling.

Cyndy Bush said...

These are great. Especially the kitten.
I love to see my dogs running full-force in the yard. They just look SO happy.
My kids absolute cracking up hysterical laughter, mostly when they're making each other laugh.

Ann in the UP said...

Great list!
The first cup of coffee in the morning.

Cat purring on my lap.

Being able to sit on the deck in weather that isn't too cold or too hot. (Rare, but coveted.)

Real mail from a friend.

Planning a journey.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I really like this. Those are awesome things that make you happy.
Looking forward to all of your happiness. I do love movies!

Eternal Lizdom said...

I love your list! I can especially identify with the crayons!

Lynn said...

Nice! What makes me happy: taking a minute to use one of those beauty products in my cupboard that I rarely use (like a special lotion or frgrance); 10 minutes on the couch with a frivolous book or magazine; big band CDs. It's so fun to recognize that very rarely does it have to cost anything.