Thursday, September 23, 2010

Friday Fragments



Happy Friday!

Happy Friday!

I collected quite a few fun things this week from Facebook, my husband, and a few links.  I hope you enjoy my bit of randomness and that you get a chance to go over to Mrs. 4444s place and read what she's been up to.  Friday Fragments after all, her brainchild :)  Thanks Mrs. 4444 for having a brain!!


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•


I have to pat myself on the back - I made it to 40 of the Friday Fragment participants last week.  I think that was everyone!  It was so nice to read everyone who joins one of my favorite weekly carnivals.

With that said, I only got to visit about half of the Saturday Sampling and a small handful of the Sundays In My City.   I'm finding that I love all three of these carnivals, but it's tough to see everyone.   I'm sure I'm not alone in that :)


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•


These are just the cutest things!  Wish I'd have thought of it.


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•


My husband said "Anytime you'd like dinner just let me know."

I said, "OK, I'm ready."

He said, "Can you wait an hour?"


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•


We use the ice in the door feature in our fridge about a dozen times a day. I think that there's a short in there somewhere and I can't decide if I should call a repair person. Ice is still being made, we just can't get it out through the door. I guess I can call and find out what a service call/repair will cost, but I know I'll have someone come out and have to shell out the money. Is it worth it? I can't decide! Anyone else have this issue?


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•


A friend of mine on Facebook lives in China. This was her recent status update...
The house alarm keeps going off at really annoying times...2am...3am...etc...the workers are here to see if they can figure out the problem. Before when this happened they told me the alarm could smell the flowers on the kitchen table so I shouldn't keep them there:)

Isn't that funny. As if the alarm could actually smell flowers!
She still hasn't found out what's wrong with the alarm as far as I know.


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•



Rainy Mood - 30 minutes looped recording of a rain storm.  It's lovely.


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•


Another FB status update from a friend of mine. 
I thought this was kinda funny....I was driving home behind a Pepsi truck and he ran over a Coke can! Go Pepsi!!


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•


Pioneer Woman favorite movies from readers.  You'd think it would be a top 50, but there are only 47.  Check out PWs numbering system!  She's so funny.   For my favorite movie I chose Music and Lyrics, although I have a revolving top 20.  What would you have put as your favorite movie?


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•




This is my 1400th blog post.  Wow! I didn't realize I'd surpassed 1000 already.  Guess I'm a little behind on looking at my stats.    I'm still excited about writing a blog post a day, so that's great and I'm even happier that I started the Photo of the Day (POTD).  I've now published 276 of those.   I feature one photo a day with just a few sentence description.  I've designed it to be short and sweet so it's not a burden to those faithful readers.

Thank you everyone, who reads my blog.  You've made the past 1400 blog posts even better with your comments and readership.  Thank you.


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•

Have a wonderful, delightful weekend.
Kristin


18 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Hey - - - somebodies I KNOW are in your photo mosaic today!!!

Brandi. said...

Husbands are so funny. :)

LAC said...

I feel terrible that I can't visit all the FF's. Probably part of the reason I haven't posted in a week or two. Will try to get to it today, though I already posted my Friday Videos of Megan from yesterday, hopefully a recurring theme.

Loved the Pepsi vs Coke.

Jene said...

I'm really bad about getting to FFs that happen later in the day. My prime blog reading/writing time is early in the morning and then it's hard for me to find time to get back to read them all.

I would be inclined to get an estimate on fixing your ice dispenser. I didn't realize how much I would miss having one until we bought a top/bottom fridge that didn't include that option. Hope the price tag isn't too painful!

won said...

Great post! Congrats on 1400.

I know nothing about broken ice dispensers, but did hear of a banana coming through one once. (Cue freaky music!)

Love the hubby double speak ;)

brainella said...

I say get the door fixed. That way you don't open the door a dozen times a day and have the fridge kick on and use more energy. :)

I put the Usual Suspects as one of my favorite movies. Love it.

1400 posts. Wow. You deserve a cupcake! :)

Donna said...

Your blog is fun to read! Those FB status updates are funny. Have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

My favorite movie would have to be Fried Green Tomatoes. Or You've Got Mail. Or My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Or...

Carrie B said...

You're right,those note pads are sooo cute!
The alarm and flowers...that's a new one, too funny!
Maybe there is an ice cube stuck in the dispenser part of the door.??

Visiting from Friday Fragments :)

Anonymous said...

I'm rather fond of rain storms as well!

jp said...

oh, I love that rain thing!!! happy FF!

Amy said...

1400! That's cause for celebration. How long have you been blogging?

As for the ice maker, google the problem. You might find an answer about what's wrong and how to fix it out there.

Tracie Nall said...

First off....I am going to listen to this rain storm all evening until I get off the computer. Bliss.

Those saltine cracker notepads are so so cute!!

It is hard for me to pick an absolute favorite movie. Too many choices. Maybe if I could pick a favorite out of each genre that would help. Then I wouldn't feel bad for Fried Green Tomatoes when I pick Philadelphia Story, or Cinderella (the Rogers and Hammerstein version with Leslie Anne Warren as Cinderella)

Coby said...

I love your husband's comment about dinner! It reminds me of the time I asked Hubby, "Are you going to want to eat tonight?" I was still full from lunch and didn't feel like cooking; he looked at me like I'd lost my mind!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I know my busiest days are Tuesday and Wednesday when I do Post It Notes and Randoma Dozen. Then I spend the rest of the week catching up on everyone else.
Love the rain link. Those paper packs are adorable. I love my ice in the door. I am sure I would have someone out. Are you sure no ice is stuck? I've never heard of flowers turning an alarm on!!! I do like movies and my list is very long. 1400 Posts - You Rock!

j said...

The dinner conversation with Tom cracked me up. I guess he didn't expect you to be hungry.

The picture of the glass tear drops? I framed it :)

Have a wonderful weekend Kristin!

Karen MEG said...

Wow, 1400 - awesome!
You are an amazing commenter and follower - so impressed! I can barely get to a handful most weekends.. so lame.

Teresa Dawn said...

I thought facebook was still banned in China!!! Nice to hear it's not anymore.