Thursday, September 09, 2010

White picket fence


For the past several years I've dreamt of my future home. 

Some people dream of decorating their home, a new car they could drive or a better school system.   I dream of the perfect little exterior to my future home.

Actually, I don't remember my nighttime dreams.  I know I have them because every so often I catch a wisp of an idea of a dream, but for the last 20 years or so I've only remembered three or four dreams.

So I guess in this case when I say dreaming, I mean day dreaming.

I dream of the size of my future house.

The small size.


The front porch.

The beach style house, not on the beach.




I've never once dreamt of a white picket fence or blue shutters, but this little house is pretty darned close.

If the house had a little bit of retro charm or had a little bit larger porch it would be much closer to my vision.

Every time I see a little house my heart kind of skips a beat and I wonder, "Is this the one?!"

I look around and wonder if this is the street I will be living on some day.  I evaluate whether or not I like the trees or the bushes.  If the houses around my little beauty are homes I want to live near.

Then I wonder if it really matters. 
If maybe I'm not living in the moment, not enjoying the life I'm living today. 
Maybe I'm projecting too much fantasy into my surroundings.

When I was in Rome I kept seeing myself spending more time there. 
Did this interfere with the way I saw the city? 
I don't think so.

So maybe it is OK that whenever I see a small little house that I try to imagine myself living there.


Do you ever do that?
Kristin


I just noticed that there is an addition on the back.  Darn.  This house just got booted off the small beach house list of mine.

5 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh Miss Goatie!!! I am a SUCKER for all things white picket fence-ish!!!

This is an ADORABLE little place.

One of my MOSTEST favorite things in Costa Rica were the tiny gardens in front of so many of the homes - - - always behind a fence, usually an iron fence. I think you probably noted those houses in the pictures I posted and liked them too, no???

Kristin - The Goat said...

Oh Keetha - I loved those houses!! Of course I remember them. They had me dreaming, too!!

Kristin

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It's a very cute house. Daydreams are awesome and fun! We have bought a few homes and it seems like we often settle and don't get everything we dream of. I hope you find your perfect house someday. It's still a great time to buy!

Cyndy Bush said...

I have a dream house in my mind, too. I love everything about my current house except the look on the outside; it's very pretty, just not my Southern dream home.

Anonymous said...

I am looking for this house since years.