Monday, September 13, 2010

Vintage paper


I found this great blog, Saturday Morning Vintage.  I can't even remember how I got there, but probably following links from other blogs.  Well, once I read the blog, I went over to Xenia's  Etsy shop.  If you know me at all, you know that I rarely purchase.  I don't need anything.  My house is full.  Yadda Yadda Yadda.



As you may be able to tell from these photos - I purchased.

It was an overwhelming desire. 

I was not disappointed. 

The items came wrapped in brown tissue paper and was tied with this wonderful red and white bakers twine.  I even got a free gift with my purchase.  It was the unwrapped package - just like a Santa gift!  At my house, most of the Santa gifts were left unwrapped under the tree.

I already have plans for the free gift with purchase vintage papers.  :)  The wheels are turning, yes they are!



This was a wonderful little thank -you.  I like Thank you's that look like there was some thought behind it.  I'm thinking there was some thought behind this! 


In the littlest package, was this....

...vintage San Francisco playing cards.

The cards came in a set of 12.  I wanted to frame it and put it up in my computer room about 1.2 seconds after I saw the card.  I'm not sure what drew me to the card, but it was something.   Right now she's got them on sale for $2 for a set of 12. 



I know for sure I read about the Alaska travel journal Xenia put together on her blog.  It made me think of my trip to Rome and even though I tried to pick up some paper items while I was there, I still didn't have a whole lot.  This specific paper pack was made for me, I could just tell.


Someone had taken a cruise, the Italian Line labels were the give away, and collected these little bits from their trip. 


There were two top portions from envelopes included in my paper pack - this one was from Paris, 1929.  It probably wasn't part of the cruise, as the luncheon menu below is from 1935.  Either that or the lunch menu is from another adventure and not a part of this cruise.

Who knows!


Love these!  Love Love Love them :) 



Would you like some broiled trout in lemon butter?   It's just 85¢. 


This is the lunch menu that I think is from a different trip.  I thought maybe this was the beginning or ending destination, but come to think of it, it'd be a very long cruise from California to Italy. 


Would you like a glass of buttermilk?


Have a great day!
Kristin

3 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

You did good. What awesome items.
Can't wait to see what you do with these items.

jb said...

Paris? 1929? Hmmmmm....what a fantastic collection of paper stuff that nobody really needs, but who could resist?
I am itching to check out her blog/Esty shop...but I am saving my funds for a rainy day....
In Paris...?

Ann in the UP said...

What fun!! My youngest son once brought me a big box of old paper at a garage sale, "because I know how much you like to write."

In there was an old ledger, where a young lady kept track of her income, rent (to her parents), and her expenditures. I'll have to find it and show everyone. It's a hoot.

I think your vintage papers are a treasure!!