Saturday, September 04, 2010

Beachside Seafood


One of my former tenants came back into town for his first post transplant evaluation at Mayo Clinic.  He needed to have someone stay with him after his liver biopsy so he had asked me if I could help him out for a few hours that day.   When I picked him up, he was ready for some lunch.

I'm always ready for lunch!

I had no idea where to take him, however.  Most of my regular places just weren't to his liking, I knew this from our chats when he was my tenant.  I hoped that if I went down to the beach something would catch my eye as the perfect place to take him.


It was about 2pm, so not necessarily prime lunch time, so I wasn't surprised to see only a few cars in the drive of this seafood restaurant.  I didn't let the lack of cars deter me from stopping in.



I'm so glad I didn't.  I had a fish sandwich and my friend had a blue crab sandwich. We both had really good meals.  Of course I peeked at everyone elses food as they were being served and I saw some great things coming out of that small kitchen.

I totally forgot to take a photo of the market area, but boy it was really great looking.  I need to tell my husband about it.



This was their indoor dining area.  There's two more tables that you can't see and that's it.  Teeny place inside but lots of room outside.  But it was just too hot to be outside!

It was a really nice place, our waiter was fab and the food was really good.  If you're ever in Jacksonville, I recommend this place :)

Have a great Labor Day Weekend!
Kristin



Beachside Fresh Seafood Restaurant
Beachside Seafood
120 3rd St South Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250
Phone: Market 904-444-CRAB
Restaurant/Take-Out/Delivery 904-444-TUNA
Hours - Sun -Wed 10 -9 • Thurs-Sat 10 - 10

LOVE the phone numbers!

4 comments:

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

Reminds me of my favorite beachside restaurant up north... it was red barn... The Seafood Haven... YUM!

Ann in the UP said...

More fish! They're everywhere!

Looks like a great place for lunch!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

So glad that you had a great lunch.
Sometimes you just don't know! How sweet of you to spend time with him. I'm always ready for lunch too!

Keetha Broyles said...

Awesomeness!! Just my kind of place!

How did your friend like it?