Sunday, September 19, 2010

Looking Up!


I noticed I took a lot of palm tree shots this week so that's a perfect theme for Sundays In My City in my city!  Enjoy looking up in Jacksonville, FL.



This non palm tree shot just had to be included.  It's a familiar subject to me.  I photograph this tree fairly often as this is what I see from my garage at one of my rental condos.


For more Sundays In My City photos, please head on over to Unknown Mami and join in on the fun.

(Also, if you can, please send out a prayer for Unknown Mami on the horrible news she received the other day, that would be wonderful.)




Unknown Mami



Here's something completely unrelated - but if you were wanting to make a Full Moon Dreamboard, the date is coming up quickly!  It'll be Sept. 23rd (Thursday) 2010. 


Thanks for stopping by and Looking Up! in Jacksonville.
Kristin

11 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love that first photo. I love looking up through the trees. It's extra special because it has the color of the seeds on it!

Keetha Broyles said...

Such pretty palms - - - why NOT photograph them!

He & Me + 3 said...

About december I will be wanting to seriously visit your city. BEautiful trees and sky. Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I love to meet new friends.
Mimi

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

Fabulous! I have to say that these photos are not what I generally think of when I think of Jacksonville, as when I hit it, it's usually rush hour and I'm in the 11th hour of my trip. It's nice to have a little reminder of its prettier side! :)

It Feels Like Chaos said...

Wow, great pictures!

42N said...

The Lone Tree of Florida. Beautiful!

Ann in the UP said...

Very nice indeed! Our kids have enormous pine trees in their back yard on the Gulf side of the state which I love, too.

I like the sense of light you've caught, too. Pretty.

I've got to get a shot of the maple across the street for story telling day.

LAC said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that first one. I try to shoot autumn trees like that, but our trees usually have too many low branches for such a cool effect. You nailed it! A definite ETSY worthy image!

Donna said...

I love palm trees! These photos are so pretty. I like how you photographed them against the pretty blue cloud-filled sky.

Claudya Martinez said...

Lovely trees.

Did they get Brazilian waxes?

Kelli said...

just beautiful