Thursday, September 16, 2010

POTD - Street Lamps


POTD - Street Lamps
©2010 Kristin Corlett

There were so many interesting things right here on this street in Rome.  I really liked the street lights, the way they curve around the corner, yet I can still see them clearly.  I liked the two toned building on the left and then the cool chimney on the building in the middle.  Below the chimney is the tile roofed building with the thick columns.  I even got some people in the shot :)

Enjoy!
Kristin

3 comments:

jb said...

Beautiful composition...the textures and the colors really complement each other.
I think you should devote more time to taking pictures of the streetlamps of Europe...
imagine the possibilities of light sources from Greece, Germany, England or...France.
I'll bet you'd enjoy the lights of Paris, the original "City of Light".
<3

Ann in the UP said...

I'm glad you called attention to the funky chimney. I would have missed it completely. I was fascinated by the way buildings were affixed to the old walls of Rome.

We couldn't get over the "antiquity" and the Romans don't pay any attention. They've lived with it always.

The lamps going around the corner are very attractive, though. Nice picture all the way around.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

A very charming photo.