Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thrifty Fun



I saw this very interesting idea called a Magical Thinking Jar - from Inchmark Journal. Run over there and read about the jar, then come back here. Go on, I can wait.

So I'm sitting here trying to figure out what to talk about for Thrifty Thursday. I'm totally out of ideas when I remembered about the jar. It looked like a lot of fun if you had children, but what if you were like me? I'm just me, no kids, a cat and a husband. What could I possible do to have a magical thinking jar that would make me smile and laugh?

I realized that in a lot of ways, I have a place that I dip into - I talked about it here. It isn't funny, it's more along the lines of thinking. So for funny, I could write down things that I thought were funny, or funny things I heard. I could cut out cartoons I thought were funny. Maybe the items I write down wouldn't have to be funny, but maybe soothing or calming? I could find a lot of uses for the magical thinking jar. I use my Secret Scroll jar all the time.



Speaking of fun - These Silhouette Portraits by Color Me Katie is something I want to do. I'm going to keep this in mind when I go visit my nieces next month. This would just be too much fun!!

I hope you enjoyed my late submission to Thrifty Thursday. It would take very little money to make the thinking jar -- probably none at all. The Silhouettes would be the cost of black paper and a few frames.

Have a fabulous day and be sure and visit the others who also participated in Thrifty Thursday.

Kristin

3 comments:

country girl said...

My medical records on the thumb drive are password protected. That is both good and bad. No one but me can get access but if I'm unconscious, it poses a problem. I will probably put my password on my Kaiser card in hopes that someone looks at that.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Smart and intersting! Glad you jumped in! I sooo want one of those siloettes! Precious!
Thanks for participaing in Thrifty Thursday this week! I was late in posting the links, so forgive me. It's my fault that you may have some late visits.
Thanks for partcipating. Next week I will be back on a good schedule!

Blondie's Journal said...

This is a neat idea!! Somethin to keep you on your toes and happy!!

Happy TT! :-)

xoxo
Jane