Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas time in the city

It's Christmas time in the city.

Hear them ring.

Ding a ling.

Soon it will be Christmas Day.


Well Christmas Day is now officially over in my part of the United States and it's been a delightful time, let me tell you.

I'm going to do a quick recap since I've been gone so many days without a peep other than the Photo of the Day.



The first night here we ate at one of my favorite restaurants, El Azteco.  I thought I'd make it a small deal, not a big deal and just my husband and I would just go there alone.  Then my mom mentioned that she'd come down with her friend Gene.  So then I decided to see when one sister was home from work and when she said she was free, then I asked the other if her family could come, too.  Turns out everyone was able to come except for Jim.  He had to work.  So there were 8 of us and we ate well :)


Then after dinner I went over to Alison's to help her make some treats for her Christmas party.  The one photographed above consist of a flat round pretzels with a Hershey's Kiss and an M&M or a walnut or pecan on top.  She happened to buy the mini kisses instead so we had to triple up on the pretzel.  Usually it's just one kiss per treat :)  The other one is a graham cracker that's spread with a mixture of melted chocolate and peanut butter and then a little drizzle of white chocolate over that.  oh yummy.



My husband and I are staying in a wonderful Bed and Breakfast called the Wild Goose.  We get breakfast every morning while we're here.  Oh goodness, it's yummy.

 Zora, Stella and Scarlett's stockings at Nana's house.

We spent Christmas Eve with my family and Christmas Day with my husband's family.  It was a real low key gift giving year, which was great  - but we still got some amazing things.  One of the gifts was the stay at the Bed and Breakfast!  Love that :)  Tom's mom gave us some to-die-for toffee and some much appreciated $$.  I've got some tires that need replacing and although it's not a glamorous gift, I am so excited to get them.  My friend Bob is coming to FL in Feb, so I can shop when she's in town!


Alison's family as seen in their Christmas elf costumes on JibJab.

Today we visited with some of Tom's family in the early afternoon and then I went to my sister's in the evening and he went to visit his best friend. 

It's been a really great few days in Michigan.  I'm so very grateful that we came up for the holidays.  I have to admit though, I'm cold.  I've been cold for about two days.  Well, just my feet are cold - I just don't have enough layers for them...or the electric socks that I have been meaning to order.  


When we first checked into the B&B I hooked up to the wrong internet and it was taking about 30 minutes a photo to download.  That's why I've only posted a photo of the day.  I've since discovered the full high speed internet that makes life so much better.  :)  I wish I had been able to post more the past few days, but consider it a Christmas gift - I was giving you time to catch up with others :)  I'll finish editing soon and get all caught up at some point soon.

Hope you had a very Merry Christmas and I wish you all the bext in the coming New Year.
Kristin

3 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Oooooo - - - a Bed and Breakfast! How fun!

Mrs4444 said...

Thanks for the gift of time--I hate it when I fall behind and miss out on stuff! :) Glad you had such a wonderful time at home :) Happy New Year!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It sounds like it was a very delightful Christmas. So glad you got to spend time with your families. The Bed & Breakfast sounds like it was wonderful.
Happy New Year!