Sunday, December 12, 2010

POTD - Enter St. Augustine


POTD - Enter St. Augustine
©2010 Kristin Corlett

I think this is one of the original gates into the city of St. Augustine or rather the Spanish settlement that was to become St. Augustine.   I bet that little plaque below where I placed my name has the info on this, but I didn't see that until right now.   Well, these gates look old and are in a spot that could be used for many other money making things, so I'm just going to assume that these are of the same time period as the St. Augustine fort, Castillo De San Marcos, built 1672 - 1695.  I hope that wasn't too many facts for ya!  Hopefully I got something right in tellin'.

Enjoy!
Kristin

3 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It is beautiful. I have been to St. Augustine and I remember loving the day I spent there.

Keetha Broyles said...

Very lovely! St. Augustine is one place I've never visited, though I'd certainly LOVE to since I've read several novels whose setting was there!

42N said...

One of the oldest cities in North America. Thanks for the look.