Wednesday, December 15, 2010

POTD - Snowbears


POTD - Snowbears
©2010 Kristin Corlett

My first attempts a few years ago were delicious, but unsuccessful.  (The center was never cooked until set - I blame my oven)  I was never able to give these away in my cookie plates because of the undone aspect.  Tom and I had to eat them ourselves.  Bummer!

My first and only attempt today yielded a delicious and very successful Lemon Butter Snowbar. I misread the name the first time I saw it and called them Snowbears.  The name stuck.

A quick search online of the Land O Lakes Recipe collection (I have the 1990 Cookie Collection booklet) gave me the Snow Dusted Lemon Bars.  Exactly the same recipe but I guess they gave them a new name.  They will always be snowbears to me.  Always.

Looking for a new recipe?  This one is a hit!

Enjoy,
Kristin

5 comments:

Ann in the UP said...

I can't wait for my cookie plate to arrive. Lemon snowbears are my favorite!

Along with coconut dreambars, which you deliberately underbake so the center is gooey.

Does Tom have a brother named Doug?

Caution/Lisa said...

Those look like they take about two steps beyond my baking capabilities. I'm such an impaired baker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keetha Broyles said...

Lemon bars are my all time favorite!!!!

You may ship me your mistakes ANYTIME and I will sacrificially help you consume them.

;-)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I put them in my favorites. I do love lemon bars but haven't made them in years. Thank you. I do like your name for them.

j said...

Lemon squares are TRULY one of my favorite things. I love them! I may give the recipe a try.