Wednesday, December 29, 2010

POTD - Christmas lights and snow


POTD - Christmas lights and snow
©2010 Kristin Corlett

I love Christmas lights, I really do.  They make me so happy.  I keep my table top tree up for much longer than most people, but I love the way I feel when I turn on the lights each evening.  Outdoor Christmas lights in Florida are OK, but the best lights are the ones that have been covered in snow and then the snow melts a little around each light.  The snowy glow on the bushes is just magical.

Enjoy!
Kristin

5 comments:

Ann in the UP said...

Right, as usual. They are magical!

Keetha Broyles said...

I'm sooooo glad for you that the ONE year you decided to go north for Christmas was a SNOWY year!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

So pretty, thank you. Haven't seen that in years!

j said...

Oh Kristin, that is breath taking. I have never seen anything like it in person.

My kids went home with my inlaws the Sunday after Christmas and were able to play in snow when they got to their house. It may have only been a couple of inches but they loved it!

Mrs4444 said...

Wow, Kristin! Your camera is amazing (and of course, the photographer has to know what she's doing). Am I the only one who sees a little "man" in the foreground of that snow? Very cool shot.