Friday, December 17, 2010

POTD - Christmas Boat Parade


POTD - Christmas Boat Parade
©2010 Kristin Corlett

I featured this photo the other day in my  "Nights of Lights" post, but I kept coming back to it when I was looking for my photo of the day.  It's the decorated boats in the background that does it for me.  I love them.  I'm also so very happy for this boat in the foreground.  Because of the brilliant bright white lights that decorated this boat, it gave off enough light that I was able to capture this scene without too much shake shake shake.

Enjoy!
Kristin

8 comments:

Matty said...

Somehow I had scrolled down and only the bottom half of the picture was showing. All I saw was the boat in the foreground. Then I'm reading your caption, and I'm thinking what other boats? Then I realized where the screen was, and I voila, there was the rest of the picture.

Very nice capture indeed.

42N said...

The only open water around here are either the rivers or Great Lakes. Good thing your boat pilots don't have to worry about ice. As always, another great photo.

Empty Nester said...

It's lovely! We used to have a parade of boats around here..wonder what happened to that? Or maybe I'm just not paying attention!

jb said...

This was my fave from your previous post...I kept returning to it to look at all the other boats!

Claudya Martinez said...

It is a beautiful picture. I have never been able to take a night shot that looks that good.

Ann in the UP said...

The whole boat parade was a treat, but that is a really fine picture, I agree.

We have lots of water, but I don't remember many boat parades. maybe I'm not paying attention either....

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I agree, it's a great shot and I love the boats in the background.

Marla said...

Love this. We use to go to the one in California. What a great time.