Thursday, December 16, 2010

Friday Fragments


It's Friday Fragments Day!  
It's Friday Fragments Day!  


It's the Dec 16th, 2010 edition of Mrs. 4444's Friday Fragments I'm fond of each day of the week, but I truly enjoy Friday Fragment day.  Mrs. 4444 has gathered many wonderful bloggers to Frag on Fridays and we love her for getting us all together.  Thank you!



*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•


Next Friday is Christmas Eve.  Wow.  We are already at the end of the year.  New Years Eve will be the Friday after that.  Why didn't the year go this quickly when I was slogging through High School Geometry?

*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•


31 Free Holiday Printables!  from the blog Tatertos and Jello.  What a great name for a blog. 



*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•

Nate Berkus, on his show the other day, talked about how you can print out things on Post-it Note paper! Oh my goodness. I knew there was printable magnetic paper, but not Printable Post-it paper. I may just fall in love.




It's true, I have a long standing love affair with paper.  I adore note paper, magazines, envelopes, used envelopes, stamps, Post-its, and the list goes on.  I am also a sucker for presentation.  Lined envelopes are just so great, but I've never really figured out how to make liners for envelopes I already had.  Leave it to Martha Stewart to figure out a way.  She even has a tutorial, here.




I've had Comcast in my home for the past four years now.  I've had Comcast at my rental condos for just about the same amount of time.   About four months ago Comcast stopped sending one of my bills.  I called, I went into the local payment center, I called , I went in, repeat for four months.  The only thing they kept saying was "It says here that you are being sent the bill to (insert correct address) so you should be receiving it."  No.  I get three bills, but I'm supposed to get four.  Why isn't it coming? "It says here that you are receiving it - maybe you should check with the post office to see why they aren't delivering it."  Oh give me a break.   In a flash of genius I called up Comcast and said that I'd like to change the address where the bill is to be delivered.  I gave the same address and asked them to please update the records.  I had a bill in my mailbox in less than a week.   I Rule!!





Debbie Ford -- You must give up all your old ways of thinking, being, acting, and behaving in order to form new patterns of life based on who you know you can be rather than who you’ve been in your past.

I think this needs to be my New Years mantra. 


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•


Creature Comforts - Scandinavian inspired star garland - I will never make these, but I want to be the type of person that would make these. Actually, I would make these as a gift to someone whose home reflected this style. You'd never be able to see anything that delicate in my house!


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•


I cut my finger the other day.  Not bad, it was a lot like a paper cut, but it bled a lot.  Did I mention that I was driving when I cut my finger?  Did I mention that I cut my finger while using a razor blade while driving?   I was trying to get the little button off of the mittens I was wanting to wear, but the button kept catching on the sleeve of my coat.  So I took a razor blade (I have one on the dash of my car for emergency paint scraping duties) and sliced the thread that held the button and accidentally snagged my finger, too.  My name really should be Grace.


*•-:¦:-•:*''''*:•-:¦:-•

Merry Christmas from my place to yours. Happy New Year, too.
Kristin


The photos are from the Whole Foods Market parking lot.  Since they won't let me take pictures inside the store, I feel like a rebel taking pictures outside the store!

15 comments:

Bill Lisleman said...

Dear Whole Foods Rebel,
what time is the revolt?

My wife uses razor blades like they are a swiss army knife. Stand back the razor blade will fix this.
No texting while driving - but for you - no razor blade work while driving.

Unknown said...

Your post rocked today! I understand the razor blade for emergencies but while driving?! And I will be revisiting your post this weekend to check out Martha... I love to know that I am not the only who loves paper! By the way, have a great holiday(s). And I can't believe how fast 2010 has flown by...it really has.

j said...

I love the way you inserted the pics of the light pole decorations in this post. I have always loved thise decorations. In fact, one of my best friends in high school works at a place that makes them (her family owns the business).

I am so so so far behind in reading your blog. I'm going to stroll through for a bit.

Love ya Kristin!

Martha said...

LOL - you rebel you!
I have a cut on my thumb... it hurts like heck, have no clue how I got it, but it impedes just about everything I try and do!
I love paper too... I always thought it came from having a small office supply business in the family when I was a kid... I loved raiding the warehouse shelves of paper and oh yeah pens.. another thing that I LOVE!
Have a great weekend!
Stopping by from FF

Jene said...

No pictures inside the store? I've never asked, but they've never told me to put the camera away. How random!

You're brave to even attempt to use a razor blade while driving. No more!

Love those garlands, but I'm not crafty either :(

LAC said...

I loved the free printables! I am going to frame them for gifts! Thank you.

Kay said...

congrats on being first thins week!!! woman, put down your sharp object and drive! ;-) i would totally have cut a gusher if that had been me. i am not good with sharp objects at all.

i also like your resolution quote, outsmarting comcast, your shared paper love... great post woman!!!

The Everyday Mommy said...

Wow, I wonder what Oprah would say about using a razor blade while driving... may require it's own show!

I love paper too... I always thought I'd love owning a stationary store...

Love your new mantra for the new year!

Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

You rebel, you go girl! Like the links, you always have great ones.
Sorry about the cut, ouch! Way to go with the Comcast bill. Have a wonderful Christmas.

Claudya Martinez said...

The change of adress idea was indeed a stroke of brilliance!

Matty said...

Geometry? How about any math class for that matter. Let's just say that math and I did not get along. Once you got much past 2+2, I was lost.

Funny that you mention a love of paper. I just bought an aunt all sorts of pads, stickies, notebooks, and all kinds and sizes of envelopes. Including stamps. She doesn't have a computer and does everything the old fashioned way.

qandlequeen said...

Congrats on mastering the Comcast billing problem. It would be too easy to let it go but you know perfectly well that they would be pounding down your door in 18 months with collectors on your butt. So not nice. Awesome solution!

The razor blade? For random paint scraping? ooookay. Just admit it, it's how you roll. It's there in case you need to "cut a bitch".

Ann in the UP said...

It was a great post, and though I don't have time to check the links I know they'll be great. They always are.

But sweetie! A razor, while you're driving?????

Don't take Debbie Ford's advice either. You are perfectly fine the way you are. Don't aspire to be a different person.

Marla said...

You had me smiling throught the entire post. As for loving paper, yep, me too. Do you smell new magazines? :-)

Mrs4444 said...

You're so smart, and funny, and creative, and adventurous. I wish we could hang out :) (Well, smart, except for the razor thing, haha!)

I agree--This year has flown by!!