Thursday, December 16, 2010

POTD - Sign of Hospitality


POTD - Sign of Hospitality
© 2010 Kristin Corlett

I am used to people coming out of their homes to ask me what I'm doing taking photos of their house.  What I'm not used to is the owner coming out to rearrange things so I can get a better picture!  That's exactly what happened at this house.  The owner had five or six really large plants blocking the steps to the front door.  I was focused on the pineapples at the road not necessarily the porch, but the owner came out and said, "Oh, here, let me move these for you! I was watering the plants earlier today."  Too funny.  Thank you, Sir!  I didn't end up liking any of the shots of the porch, but I sure do like this one of the pineapple and the wreath.  The pineapple is considered a sign of hospitality and so were the actions of the owner.  Thanks so much.

Enjoy!
Kristin

6 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

How sweet of the owner to do that.
The pineapple has so much character. It has a beautiful weathered look to it. It's a great shot with the wreath on the house.

Keetha Broyles said...

You have more fun with your photography than anyone I know!

Kristin - The Goat said...

Debby - The pineapple - actually both of them - were covered in lichen and a little bit of moss. They were fabulous!

Keetha - Yes, yes I do have a lot of fun!

42N said...

perfect!

j said...

I can't wait to see you so that I can hear the story in person of people wondering what you are doing with your camera. Please remember to tell me some of the stories!

Marla said...

Isn't it noce when people are nice? I first learned the meaning behind the pineapples when I went to Newport, Rhode Island to meet my DIL's family.

Love the one you captured!