Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Jacksonville Beach in December


Just a few days ago it was bitter cold.  Lows in the teens and the highs in the upper 30s.  We just aren't used to these temps in Dec.  We kind of roll up the carpet and hibernate.

It wasn't this cold when I went down to the beach, but I don't think it was even out of the 40s.  The wind coming off the ocean was chilly to say the least.


A very overcast, gray day, that's for sure.

The wind was really whipping up the waves, too.



I know it doesn't look like much in the wave category, but it was decidedly noisier than most days.

I really wish that I had thought to bring along a Christmas tree and put it at the end of this walkway.  I'll have to try to do that sometime.  A Christmas tree with battery powered lights?  Hmmm, it's got me thinking.


I don't think I have ever been to the beach when I only saw one other person.  See that black figure way down there? 

The other direction was the same thing.  Totally deserted.

It was pretty cool actually.  No lifeguard stands, no people running by, no dog walkers or kids playing football.  It was just me and a breeze full of salt water.

Tomorrow I will be in the snow.    It was 73ยบ here today and it's not supposed to get above 30 the entire time I'm home.

I'm excited to take pictures of snow, I have to admit. 

I'm most excited to see my family.


I hope to post a little something tomorrow, but being that it's a travel day,  I'm not going to make any promises. 

I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!
Kristin

4 comments:

Cyndy Bush said...

Beautiful. I would love to have the beach all to myself, but I couldn't deal with the cold!

Mrs4444 said...

Hope you have a safe trip.

I am so sad that it's been too dark when I leave/get home to take shots of our recent, beautiful snow!! Maybe tomorrow...

Merry Christmas, Kristin :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome blog! I’ve included it on a site I’ve created, which is a compilation of some of the best blogs in the city.

Best of Blogs Jacksonville
http://bestofblogsjacksonville.wordpress.com

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Hope you made it all safe and sound to Michigan. Yes the beach is definately deserted and it looks really chilly. I do love the emptiness.